Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for shipping cats

Recommendations for shipping cats

Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

chelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nice
Default Recommendations for shipping cats

Hi ,

I've just found this site and wondered if anyone can help. We're coming out to NZ at end of May next year and need to get the ball rolling on shipping our cats out as I believe we need to start the process about 6 months before hand. Has anyone got any recommendations as these cats don't even travel well to the cattery 20 mins down the road!

Also we are looking at renting a property in Queenstown for the ski season in '06 - any suggestions of where to look? I've contacted a few rental companies and we are aiming to visit properties in April when we go out for 2 weeks to activate our visas but if there is something people can recommend ..........

Can't wait to come out but we've got a mountain of things to get through first!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recommendations for shipping cats

Originally Posted by chelsey
Hi ,

I've just found this site and wondered if anyone can help. We're coming out to NZ at end of May next year and need to get the ball rolling on shipping our cats out as I believe we need to start the process about 6 months before hand. Has anyone got any recommendations as these cats don't even travel well to the cattery 20 mins down the road!

Also we are looking at renting a property in Queenstown for the ski season in '06 - any suggestions of where to look? I've contacted a few rental companies and we are aiming to visit properties in April when we go out for 2 weeks to activate our visas but if there is something people can recommend ..........

Can't wait to come out but we've got a mountain of things to get through first!
Hi There,

I'm taking my cats with and we only have to start one month before hand??
Try www.passportsforpets.co.uk
That's who we using and they are very helpful!!

Good luck!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

How many cats and how much if I may ask?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Dazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
How many cats and how much if I may ask?
Two moggies and it's going to cost us about £650 if we do all the vet stuff our selves, which we are and the vet says a rough quote is about £250.
If we use passports for pets to do it all, it will cost about £1600
Also because our cats are best freinds they will be put in a travel box together, so we only have to pay for one. They are £50 each.

I hope this helps??

Good Luck!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

chelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nice

Many thanks for this. I have asked them for a quote. I have been told about Global Freight Management in Leeds. Has anyone used them?