Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really bad news...

Really bad news...

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really bad news...

Mate of mine's sister and hubby emigrated to Opua, Bay of Islands about 5 years ago. Brought a significant sum over with them and still had property rented back in UK. Went over on an entreprunerial visa. Ran a rental property, they had bought a fantastic house overlooking English Bay with 2 accommodation suites on the ground floor and an owners suite above. Had to jump through hoops, employ locals and finally got residence 3 years later. It turns out that the wife (aged 60) had terminal cancer diagnosed a few months later. By all accounts the health authorities made a botch of the diagnosis. Poor womans now in a really bad way and her husband has fallen apart. Brings home to me how we should get on with stuff, we never know whats around the corner.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:31 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Really bad news...

Originally Posted by Yotty
Mate of mine's sister and hubby emigrated to Opua, Bay of Islands about 5 years ago. Brought a significant sum over with them and still had property rented back in UK. Went over on an entreprunerial visa. Ran a rental property, they had bought a fantastic house overlooking English Bay with 2 accommodation suites on the ground floor and an owners suite above. Had to jump through hoops, employ locals and finally got residence 3 years later. It turns out that the wife (aged 60) had terminal cancer diagnosed a few months later. By all accounts the health authorities made a botch of the diagnosis. Poor womans now in a really bad way and her husband has fallen apart. Brings home to me how we should get on with stuff, we never know whats around the corner.
Hi - I don't normally post on the NZ board, but I also heard a sad story today. I met my Aussie girlfriend in NYC for lunch and I was asking about her friend (whom I've met) back home in Sydney.

She was telling me that her friend has moved her Vietnamese-Canadian boyfriend into her flat in Manly (his family were one of the boat-people refugees who managed to settle in Canada). He's just had word that his younger brother (aged 32) has developed a very aggressive form of cancer. It's terminal and the prognosis is that he perhaps has just 6 weeks left, so they're about to fly from Oz to Canada to see him for the last time.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really bad news...

That really sucks. So sorry to hear about that. It does go to show life is really short and making it happen now is the way to go...
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm so sorry to read about both your friends.

Brings home to me how we should get on with stuff, we never know what's around the corner.
I so agree with this.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm so sorry to read about both your friends.

I so agree with this.
How very sad... as ive always said... live life to the max!
Berni
x
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ92C3EWFYU&feature=fvsr
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thread closed per OPs request.