Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:13 am
  #1  
TeamEmbo
Thread Starter
 
TeamEmbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 1,557
TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hi All

We've been here 3 months now and are absolutely loving it.

I'm writing this on behalf of my kids, daughter aged 12 and son aged 11. They've made heaps of friends here already but are keen to talk with anyone else around their ages that might already be here or that might be planning to come here.

Our daughter has her own log on, LittleBird94, so if anyone's interested you can PM her or me. Although she's happy here we know she really misses her friends back home and now she knows what it's like to try and start again in a strange new country she'd like to help out any other kids that might have worries or questions.

She has also posted her own thread along the same lines on the Youth Club bit, but I said I'd do the same for her on here as I know many parents worry about their kids and chat rooms.

Thanks, Mandie xx
TeamEmbo is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:28 pm
  #2  
kss
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5
kss will become famous soon enoughkss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hi Mandie

Where abouts are you living ? We are in Rangiora and our Son is 11 in November. He is enjoying school and has made lots of friends but has yet to have invitations after school and at weekends/holiday's. He has his own email address if your son ever wants to chat.

How are you finding things after being here for 3 months? We have been here since Oct 06.

Regards

Karren
kss is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:50 pm
  #3  
TeamEmbo
Thread Starter
 
TeamEmbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 1,557
TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hi Karren

At last! I was beginning to think there was no-one else round these parts and yet there's supposed to be 1700 English in North Canterbury

We love it here. Rangiora's just great. We've met a couple of people off BE already. Kids go to New Life school and think its just the best school ever.

Always free for coffee if you want to meet up somewhen, Andrew would love to meet up with your son. We don't see much of Andrew at weekends as he's always off with his mates or at birthday parties or soccer. Do you want to PM me your son's email? I'll get Andrew to write to him.

Speak soon? Mandie xx
TeamEmbo is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:26 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
alanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nice
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo View Post
Hi Karren

At last! I was beginning to think there was no-one else round these parts and yet there's supposed to be 1700 English in North Canterbury

We love it here. Rangiora's just great. We've met a couple of people off BE already. Kids go to New Life school and think its just the best school ever.

Always free for coffee if you want to meet up somewhen, Andrew would love to meet up with your son. We don't see much of Andrew at weekends as he's always off with his mates or at birthday parties or soccer. Do you want to PM me your son's email? I'll get Andrew to write to him.

Speak soon? Mandie xx
Hi Mandie,
We've been here almost three weeks now and loving it. We are in woodend and our daughter, Kimberley, is also 12. If you are in Rangiora they will probably end up in the same school next year. Both me and my wife are free until the beginning of Sept when jobs start, up until then it would be good to get out as often as pos as we are still waiting for our furniture and the place is a bit bare.
Alan and Jay.
alanbos66 is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:49 pm
  #5  
TeamEmbo
Thread Starter
 
TeamEmbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 1,557
TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hey, welcome to the area! and lucky yous having some free time before starting work. Yes, would agree, definitely feels more settled once your stuff turns up. Our two will be at the same school till age 18 (they go to New Life). We thought after all the trauma of moving them yet again (they've already been to 4 primaries) they'd appreciate just being able to settle in one school and make friends they could keep this time.

Send us a pm if you want to meet up sometime for coffee or just a chat. I'll pm you my daughter's email if Kimberley wants to chat to her.

Thanks for replying and hope you're enjoying Woodend. xx
TeamEmbo is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:15 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
MunchBunch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
MunchBunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo View Post
Hey, welcome to the area! and lucky yous having some free time before starting work. Yes, would agree, definitely feels more settled once your stuff turns up. Our two will be at the same school till age 18 (they go to New Life). We thought after all the trauma of moving them yet again (they've already been to 4 primaries) they'd appreciate just being able to settle in one school and make friends they could keep this time.

Send us a pm if you want to meet up sometime for coffee or just a chat. I'll pm you my daughter's email if Kimberley wants to chat to her.

Thanks for replying and hope you're enjoying Woodend. xx
Hi

we have been here 12 weeks and we live in Rangiora, I'm Julie, 39, hubby and 2 kids 13 and 8. we have settled in (I think!) and we have made a few friends. Hubby is working and kids are at school. We can't be far from you TeamEmbo, we aren't far from New Life school, but my girls go to St Josephs. It would be great to meet up for a coffee sometime.
MunchBunch is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:14 am
  #7  
TeamEmbo
Thread Starter
 
TeamEmbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 1,557
TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Originally Posted by MunchBunch View Post
Hi

we have been here 12 weeks and we live in Rangiora, I'm Julie, 39, hubby and 2 kids 13 and 8. we have settled in (I think!) and we have made a few friends. Hubby is working and kids are at school. We can't be far from you TeamEmbo, we aren't far from New Life school, but my girls go to St Josephs. It would be great to meet up for a coffee sometime.
Hi Julie, great to hear from you and glad you're all settling in ok. Yep, it'll be great to meet for coffee. I'll pm or email you my details and hope to hear from you soon.
TeamEmbo is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:23 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: In a house very close to the beach
Posts: 984
Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Originally Posted by alanbos66 View Post
Both me and my wife are free until the beginning of Sept
I always said you were cheep

Sent you a pm (I think) with a couple of numbers, give them a ring as they are quite cool people and you have a similar sence of humour

Go to Rangiora and have a pint in the Plough
Ian & Sharon is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.