British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/rangiora-kaiapoi-woodend-473594/)

TeamEmbo Aug 12th 2007 11:13 pm

Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hi All

We've been here 3 months now :eek: and are absolutely loving it.

I'm writing this on behalf of my kids, daughter aged 12 and son aged 11. They've made heaps of friends here already but are keen to talk with anyone else around their ages that might already be here or that might be planning to come here.

Our daughter has her own log on, LittleBird94, so if anyone's interested you can PM her or me. Although she's happy here we know she really misses her friends back home and now she knows what it's like to try and start again in a strange new country she'd like to help out any other kids that might have worries or questions.

She has also posted her own thread along the same lines on the Youth Club bit, but I said I'd do the same for her on here as I know many parents worry about their kids and chat rooms.

Thanks, Mandie xx:)

kss Aug 14th 2007 9:28 pm

Re: Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Woodend

Hi Mandie

Where abouts are you living ? We are in Rangiora and our Son is 11 in November. He is enjoying school and has made lots of friends but has yet to have invitations after school and at weekends/holiday's. He has his own email address if your son ever wants to chat.

How are you finding things after being here for 3 months? We have been here since Oct 06.

Regards

Karren

TeamEmbo Aug 14th 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Karren

At last! I was beginning to think there was no-one else round these parts and yet there's supposed to be 1700 English in North Canterbury :eek:

We love it here. Rangiora's just great. We've met a couple of people off BE already. Kids go to New Life school and think its just the best school ever.

Always free for coffee if you want to meet up somewhen, Andrew would love to meet up with your son. We don't see much of Andrew at weekends as he's always off with his mates or at birthday parties or soccer. Do you want to PM me your son's email? I'll get Andrew to write to him.

Speak soon? Mandie xx:)

alanbos66 Aug 15th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5189692)
Hi Karren

At last! I was beginning to think there was no-one else round these parts and yet there's supposed to be 1700 English in North Canterbury :eek:

We love it here. Rangiora's just great. We've met a couple of people off BE already. Kids go to New Life school and think its just the best school ever.

Always free for coffee if you want to meet up somewhen, Andrew would love to meet up with your son. We don't see much of Andrew at weekends as he's always off with his mates or at birthday parties or soccer. Do you want to PM me your son's email? I'll get Andrew to write to him.

Speak soon? Mandie xx:)

Hi Mandie,
We've been here almost three weeks now and loving it. We are in woodend and our daughter, Kimberley, is also 12. If you are in Rangiora they will probably end up in the same school next year. Both me and my wife are free until the beginning of Sept when jobs start, up until then it would be good to get out as often as pos as we are still waiting for our furniture and the place is a bit bare.
Alan and Jay.

TeamEmbo Aug 15th 2007 9:49 pm

Hey, welcome to the area! and lucky yous having some free time before starting work. Yes, would agree, definitely feels more settled once your stuff turns up. Our two will be at the same school till age 18 (they go to New Life). We thought after all the trauma of moving them yet again (they've already been to 4 primaries) they'd appreciate just being able to settle in one school and make friends they could keep this time.

Send us a pm if you want to meet up sometime for coffee or just a chat. I'll pm you my daughter's email if Kimberley wants to chat to her.

Thanks for replying and hope you're enjoying Woodend. xx:)

MunchBunch Aug 20th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5194109)
Hey, welcome to the area! and lucky yous having some free time before starting work. Yes, would agree, definitely feels more settled once your stuff turns up. Our two will be at the same school till age 18 (they go to New Life). We thought after all the trauma of moving them yet again (they've already been to 4 primaries) they'd appreciate just being able to settle in one school and make friends they could keep this time.

Send us a pm if you want to meet up sometime for coffee or just a chat. I'll pm you my daughter's email if Kimberley wants to chat to her.

Thanks for replying and hope you're enjoying Woodend. xx:)

Hi

we have been here 12 weeks and we live in Rangiora, I'm Julie, 39, hubby and 2 kids 13 and 8. we have settled in (I think!) and we have made a few friends. Hubby is working and kids are at school. We can't be far from you TeamEmbo, we aren't far from New Life school, but my girls go to St Josephs. It would be great to meet up for a coffee sometime.

TeamEmbo Aug 20th 2007 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MunchBunch (Post 5210102)
Hi

we have been here 12 weeks and we live in Rangiora, I'm Julie, 39, hubby and 2 kids 13 and 8. we have settled in (I think!) and we have made a few friends. Hubby is working and kids are at school. We can't be far from you TeamEmbo, we aren't far from New Life school, but my girls go to St Josephs. It would be great to meet up for a coffee sometime.

Hi Julie, great to hear from you and glad you're all settling in ok. Yep, it'll be great to meet for coffee. I'll pm or email you my details and hope to hear from you soon. :)

Ian & Sharon Aug 20th 2007 11:23 am

Originally Posted by alanbos66 (Post 5191983)
Both me and my wife are free until the beginning of Sept

I always said you were cheep :p

Sent you a pm (I think) with a couple of numbers, give them a ring as they are quite cool people and you have a similar sence of humour :thumbsup:

Go to Rangiora and have a pint in the Plough ;)