Rain Bar meeting

Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rain Bar meeting

Hi all,
I would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone who turned up at the Rain bar a couple of Saturdays ago. I would also like to say a special thankyou to Caroline (Am Loolah) for showing us around some beautiful properties & for arranging the get together in the Rain Bar!
It was lovely to meet you all And I think this had a positive effect on my husband!
If you remember Tim wasn't 100% convinced about emigrating whereas I had made my mind up before I had even set foot in the country! Now, however, he has said that YES, he would like to move to New Zealand & Papamoa is definately the place to be! How over the moon am I??
Firstly though we have to sell the house! Yesterday, I arrived home on a real high, only to be brought crashing back down to Earth with a huge thump - the Estate Agent rung! She told me house prices are definately dropping here & we will have to reduce the asking price by at least 10% if we are to sell! So it may take a little longer than we first envisaged! Oh well - it's only money!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:14 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rain Bar meeting

Hi there,

it was lovely to meet you and your family at Rain Bar, wish i could have stayed longer. . Am glad you loved the area around here, and know where you would like to be.
I hope all goes o.k with sale of your house, good luck, and we'll see you again soon.

Marika
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Hi

Lovely to meet you to. Hope you had a good flight home. Keep incontact. Did you enjoy the south island????????????? Say Hi to all the family from us.

Speak soon

Ju, Steve and Zoe
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:05 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

How great that you got to meet a bunch of expats when you came on your recce! We did too, this time last year, and it was brill! Best of luck selling your house. I've read horror stories about prices dropping 30% in the UK in the next year or so! Fingers crossed that doesn't actually happen eh?...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi all,
I would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone who turned up at the Rain bar a couple of Saturdays ago. I would also like to say a special thankyou to Caroline (Am Loolah) for showing us around some beautiful properties & for arranging the get together in the Rain Bar!
It was lovely to meet you all And I think this had a positive effect on my husband!
If you remember Tim wasn't 100% convinced about emigrating whereas I had made my mind up before I had even set foot in the country! Now, however, he has said that YES, he would like to move to New Zealand & Papamoa is definately the place to be! How over the moon am I??
Firstly though we have to sell the house! Yesterday, I arrived home on a real high, only to be brought crashing back down to Earth with a huge thump - the Estate Agent rung! She told me house prices are definately dropping here & we will have to reduce the asking price by at least 10% if we are to sell! So it may take a little longer than we first envisaged! Oh well - it's only money!!
Hi Cheryl and Tim,
It was lovely to meet you and the kids too, I'll keep you posted on that auction one! I'm so glad Tim has been convinced, normally Liz and I are enough to put most people off moving here! Well, Liz really, clearly I am angelic Fairy!

So, how was the South Island and your second week back here, did you get out and about much?

Sorry, to hear about your house, was reading the bbc website this evening about UK property prices dropping - if you are sure you want to get out then drop what you can to try and get it shifted, otherwise you'll just sit with it on the market and end up dropping it anyway in 6 months time. It's been happening here to a lesser degree over the last 4-6 months.