Promotions

Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Promotions

OK, sound like we're showing off here,but bear with me.
Since we commenced work in March 2007,my wife has had 2 significantly successful interviews, and is now hopefully reasonably where she needs,or feels she should be.
I have had 3 interviews,and now have the same positive outcome (we'll see).

My point is this. Do we,as BE's have so much to offer,that we are valued really well,or is it a case of the Kiwi's being a little lethargic?
A lot of our friends have been equally successful,not just in Health,but throughout the board. Do we just have better processes and innovation with 65 million people,compared to what a fifteenth of the workforce generally brings to NZ?

I'm so bored with this,I don't even want to answer!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Promotions

Originally Posted by danny.f
Since we commenced work in March 2007,my wife has had 2 significantly successful interviews, and is now hopefully reasonably where she needs,or feels she should be.

My point is this. Do we,as BE's have so much to offer,that we are valued really well,or is it a case of the Kiwi's being a little lethargic?
A lot of our friends have been equally successful,not just in Health,but throughout the board. Do we just have better processes and innovation with 65 million people,compared to what a fifteenth of the workforce generally brings to NZ?

Congratulations to both of you!!
Can't really answer the big question but our charge nurse and site co-ordinator are both British and there is a high percentage of Uk nurses where I work.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:02 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Read the papers and you will find that the Health service is crying out for people, if you have worked in any management position in the NHS than chances are you will get the same rewarded here.

Remember as well that NZ do lose a lot of people due to OE and migration, this leaves a big skill shortage which gets taken up by foreigners.

So you taking the job ??
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:33 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I guess IT's similar - there are so many immigrants in this industry and all of the companies seem to be constantly looking for people. I'm on my third job here as of this week and earning a fair bit more than I started on.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Read the papers and you will find that the Health service is crying out for people, if you have worked in any management position in the NHS than chances are you will get the same rewarded here.

Remember as well that NZ do lose a lot of people due to OE and migration, this leaves a big skill shortage which gets taken up by foreigners.

So you taking the job ??
But why is OE so encouraged when it's so disruptive? UK is an island,but we don't all bugger off to France after 3 years cos it's expected.
It's bloody ridiculous!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:43 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

To show kiwis what the real world is like! And give them a chance of maybe earning enough money to start a house deposit!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:44 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

But why is OE so encouraged when it's so disruptive? UK is an island,but we don't all bugger off to France after 3 years cos it's expected.
It's bloody ridiculous!
Because NZ is in isolation, people want to get out and savour the world whether its Australia, Britian or Switzerland.

This is sorta happening with student gap years back in Britian but as NZ has a smaller population it gets hit a bit harder.
I'm also unsure whether IT and Health jobs are looked upon as good career jobs now as they were before.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
I'm also unsure whether IT and Health jobs are looked upon as good career jobs now as they were before.
Hi Ted,
Just two questions:-

What makes you say this?
what do you think are good or better career jobs?

Just wondering, that's all.
Regards
Julesnye
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

D&D, ya coupla show-offs!

And congrats!

Don't have the answers to your questions. But ever considered you were under-appreciated in the UK?