Radio

Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Radio

Hello,

What are the most popular radio stations in the Auckland region?
Is there anything that deals with current affairs, more news orientated?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Radio

More FM seems to be very popular over here. we heard it first playing in shops when we first arrived, and it was recommended to us by 2 women in a pub. so our car radio is tuned into that. it plays an eclectic mix of old and new... but some songs seem to get repeated more than others.
its not very up on serious current affairs or news, just having a news break on the hour.

heres a wiki link to auckland radio...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_stations_in_Auckland

we find when travelling and we lose More FM, we cant find a decent station in other cities!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:23 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

I listen to The Rock......it's kind of 'on my level'!! Nothing too serious!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Hello,

What are the most popular radio stations in the Auckland region?
Is there anything that deals with current affairs, more news orientated?
National is the next best thing to Radio 4, kind of eerily similar really, good and informative on the morning drive into work.

I also really like The Rock, the DJs are a bit Shock Jock, although I like the way they speak their mind, but the PM is a regular guest ( and seems to enjoy his interviews) and the rock music they play is second to none - if you like all that stuff. BBC Radio 1 or 2 seem incredibly trite by comparison, musically. Hauraki is good for older rock too.

Jan
Old Apr 9th 2011, 10:51 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
musically. Hauraki is good for older rock too.

Jan
Ditto

but the PM is a regular guest ( and seems to enjoy his interviews)

Jan
Can you imagine Gordon Brown or Cameron doing the kind of interviews on Radio 1 that John Key does on The Rock?!?!?!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 4:01 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I second the suggestion for National. Has interesting stuff on at 3 in the morning if you are still sleeping off jet lag! Better news than the telly.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

pom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of light

Have to say I struggle for radio when we are in NZ - I fill up my ipod with podcasts before we come over

Last long stint I decided there must be a conspiracy -KCCFM!!!! aaahhh it drove me mad - it was in the cowshed when I was milking, playing in the Ute when we drove into town and then playing over the in-store radio when I walked round the shop (in bare feet, because i'd left my gum-boots in the ute, of course!)
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:15 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

we listen to NewstalkZB for our general topical current affairs listening and then The Edge for the teenagers radio 1 style of airplay.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Ditto

Can you imagine Gordon Brown or Cameron doing the kind of interviews on Radio 1 that John Key does on The Rock?!?!?!
I met John Key (through work) the day after the disastrous Paul Henry interview, and he was chatting to a group of us about it. He clearly understands the role that such interviewers/djs are playing for their public, and without being asked he said that people like the morning djs on the Rock were harmless fun, and quite amusing sometimes.

The Rock got John Key to announce the winner of the top 1000 tracks in 2010 - he seemed quite at ease reading out the winner as Rage Against the Machine, Killing in the Name Of..... though we doubt he had heard it

The language and/or views on the Rock would probably have caused it to be closed down in the UK too....
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that guys!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Hauraki is good for older rock too.
Jan
Older being the operative word!! You'd want to slash your wrists after a week of listening to the same twenty tracks played over and over and over again. Be warned if you have kids, you might not be best pleased at them hearing the 'Wanka of the week' awards and suchlike on the school run.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:11 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Radio

National is the next best thing to Radio 4, kind of eerily similar really, good and informative on the morning drive into work.
It is good .

101 or 101.5 FM around here (Or on the interweb).