Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Psycho needs your help - urgently!! Best laid plans gone awry

Psycho needs your help - urgently!! Best laid plans gone awry

Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Psycho needs your help - urgently!! Best laid plans gone awry

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
As most of you good folks know, we are heading for Cambridge/hamilton in 2 weeks and 5 days. We have made contact with several schools, got places sorted at scouts, got details of Tae Kwon Do clubs for the small one. OH has his job to start in Hamilton on 1st Feb. Rental sorted and container contents heading there for around mid January. SORTED........

but then the chaps that he is going to work for have gone and offered him a different (possibly better) job - it appears to be a step up before he has even got started - i told you he was good - IN BLOODY TAURANGA

Now if this had been the option right from the start i think i would have jumped at it - we have visited before briefly and its beautiful, however, it was the only place we visited in NZ when we were there that we couldnt get parked, or find somewhere to sleep overnight - no room at the inn - we drove through what i think was the town area and ended getting out the car and just spending the afternoon on the beautiful beach before going to Rotorua for the night.

At this moment i have no idea what to do - do we wing it?? - that wasnt something we wanted to do!! do we play it safe and stay with Cambridge?? we think we have planned most everything and this would be a real leap of faith - but we have planned to throw everything in the air anyway, whats an hour down the road!!

Oh crap i have no idea - please help - Anyone - Colandros! Am loolah!, Fi - i know all you guys have good knowledge of both areas

I have already had a browse through the city links on Tauranga - i knew that would be good as we have a Mod based there i guess it had to be eh
you could keep to your plans move to cambridge, and aks the firm, if your husband could drive there every day untill you then got something else its only about an hour each way and no where near as much traffic as uk and you would get to see some of the country side as it only for a short term
at least you could keep to your plans for now
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by concretepump
you could keep to your plans move to cambridge, and aks the firm, if your husband could drive there every day untill you then got something else its only about an hour each way and no where near as much traffic as uk and you would get to see some of the country side as it only for a short term
Right now - anything is possible - thankyou x
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:35 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

simple.

take the job and go for it! end of!

george
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:53 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni
simple.

george
Agreed!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:23 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Matewx
Agreed!
Yep you will be living in same area as us then we are off to tauranga, but honestly I would not want to be in yours and hubbys shoes right now hun sure whatever you decide will be the right thing for you all, good luck and thinking of you.

Tina.x
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni
simple.

george
I third that
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by concretepump
That would be $$$$$$$ very expensive. around 120mile round trip.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo I would go to Cambridge and make plans from there. It's a lot harder when you've got kids to think of too,eh? Like Col says, if your OH is in demand he'll be in a strong position. And I wouldn't reccomend commuting from Cambridge to Tauranga every day either, no traffic but it's not a motorway either!!!!
Good luck Psycho x
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in what ever you decide
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:27 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Psycho needs your help - urgently!! Best laid plans gone awry

kids will go where you take them,they have come this far so a change of final destination wont make a jot of difference to them

HOWEVER.

Take them to cambridge settle them in get them used to new freinds and then say hey we are moving now cause dad has a new job and see how hard that will be!

good luck

george
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone, thank you all for your thoughts.

We are formulating a battle plan - but have decided we will make the final decision when we arrive. At least for now - i think - we are sticking with plan A.

I will keep you informed as things progress and if any of you have any further thoughts to add then please do so.

Thanks again

Psycho x