Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prison Officers - Where are You?

Prison Officers - Where are You?

Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:35 am
Just Joined

TC68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prison Officers - Where are You?

Thanks for that Lenny, arriving at Auckland so will save jumper for trip down to Hamilton. Have chosen PSS for the move, heard it has a good reputation, (to late to haggle now ) I have already booked with Singapore airlines, 30kg allowence One day I'll get it right Looking forward to the cossie club though Did you sort out your IRD form before you left or when you got there? Also is there anything you regret not bringing, apart from a 24 pack of stella? I do'nt know about there but its getting a bit frosty on this forum all of a sudden
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:46 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Did you sort out your IRD form before you left or when you got there? Also is there anything you regret not bringing, apart from a 24 pack of stella? I do'nt know about there but its getting a bit frosty on this forum all of a sudden [/QUOTE]
Good luck in your move,
The IRD number can be arranged by phone call as soon as you arrive....takes a couple of minutes.
What do I regret not bringing...probably the missus!
Just ignore all the stupidity on here as well. not worth giving the time of day to.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:15 am
Just Joined

TC68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
Did you sort out your IRD form before you left or when you got there? Also is there anything you regret not bringing, apart from a 24 pack of stella? I do'nt know about there but its getting a bit frosty on this forum all of a sudden
Good luck in your move,
The IRD number can be arranged by phone call as soon as you arrive....takes a couple of minutes.
Just ignore all the stupidity on here as well. not worth giving the time of day to. [/QUOTE]

Cheers Lenny, any other tips will be gratefully received
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:44 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by TC68
Good luck in your move,
Just ignore all the stupidity on here as well. not worth giving the time of day to.

Cheers Lenny, any other tips will be gratefully received [/QUOTE]
I will give you some tips gladly, but you will need specific questions and I will give you very honest not always nice to hear answers.
But always remember I like it here and dont want to go back to Blighty.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hi

What is the social side of it like for the UK officers just arriving. Is it easy for wife's etc to get to know other wifes and kids?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Hi

What is the social side of it like for the UK officers just arriving. Is it easy for wife's etc to get to know other wifes and kids?
As for wives getting to know other wives, that is a bit hard for me to comment on as mine is not here yet. But I would say that in general Kiwis are a very social bunch. As in a lot of decent countries if you make an effort to mix with the locals and dont mind the p**s taking that you probably will get, people will respond with warmth and kindness and NZ is no exception.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do,
Old May 1st 2006, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

thanks
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:01 am
Just Joined

nudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant future

Hi Lenny the Lion
I thing us "on post" Warders are quiet coz theres no time to actually get on the net, due to the stupid punitive shifts these idiots want us to work...any thoughts
loveing NZ but me no likey the NZ Corrections wery much...time for a change.
really settled homelife but....
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by nudenut
Hi Lenny the Lion
I thing us "on post" Warders are quiet coz theres no time to actually get on the net, due to the stupid punitive shifts these idiots want us to work...any thoughts
loveing NZ but me no likey the NZ Corrections wery much...time for a change.
really settled homelife but....
Yes I have to agree the job is a bit of joke but I am 4 weeks from permanent residency so I will suffer it that long at least.
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Delsonk9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Prison Officers - Where are You?

Yes I have to agree the job is a bit of joke but I am 4 weeks from permanent residency so I will suffer it that long at least.
Hi all, im a bit confused about this permanent residency thing after 3 months. What visa did you all go out on ? Sorry to appear dim but i am a dog handler ha ha :scared: :scared:
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Delsonk9
Hi all, im a bit confused about this permanent residency thing after 3 months. What visa did you all go out on ? Sorry to appear dim but i am a dog handler ha ha :scared: :scared:
K9s was a dog handler and he is going back already :scared: but I know another ex-dog handler who like me loves the country but hates the job.
If you seriously do not know about the 3 months visa thing then I suggest you do a LOT more research.....You may need it.
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Prison Officers - Where are You?

K9s was a dog handler and he is going back already :scared: but I know another ex-dog handler who like me loves the country but hates the job.
If you seriously do not know about the 3 months visa thing then I suggest you do a LOT more research.....You may need it.
Thanks for your sarcy comments, i was under the impression we could only get either, permanent residency or work to residency the latter being given to people who need registration for their job or they dont have a job to go to. done lots of research and am visiting beforehand which if more did there may not be so many unhappy people.
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:59 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

When you get your permanent residency permit stamped in your passport it should read -:

The holder may travel to NZ and on application may be granted a residence permit.
Conditions: The permit issued pursuant to this visa will be subject to requirements imposed under s18Aof the Immigration Act 1987. Holder must take up employment within 3 months of the grant of the first residence permit and remain in that employment for a period of at least 3 months.

So basically it means when you get here you need to be in a job within 3 months and then STAY in that job for 3 months...you have then fulfilled the conditions of residency...

Hope that clears it up for you.
Sue
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:01 am
Just Joined

And this is research, trying to find answers to questions ! like you, we see questions on here we know the answers to and if poss try to help. good luck to all in NZ either if your staying or going.
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
When you get your permanent residency permit stamped in your passport it should read -:

The holder may travel to NZ and on application may be granted a residence permit.
Conditions: The permit issued pursuant to this visa will be subject to requirements imposed under s18Aof the Immigration Act 1987. Holder must take up employment within 3 months of the grant of the first residence permit and remain in that employment for a period of at least 3 months.

So basically it means when you get here you need to be in a job within 3 months and then STAY in that job for 3 months...you have then fulfilled the conditions of residency...

Hope that clears it up for you.
Sue
Thanks Sue, it is apreciated, hope all is well in Chrch, coming in August for a look round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.