Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:41 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Originally Posted by the m family
Thanks guys,

So know what you mean about the flight K9, flights that long with kids is scary!!! Have you decided which airline you'll be flying with? Still trying to find out about suitable rental in the area and not sure how were going play the wellington course issue because we don't want to split the family for that long after emigrating. Haven't sold the house yet so we really are behind and it sounds like you,Den, and alot of the others are already sorted!
Holding on to the fact that it could be our last Christmas in this country A relative said she didnt know how we would find not spending Christmas in the cold, as that was how its meant to be!!! Yeah, real hardship!!!
Well why dont you start a new thread
Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:43 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Well why dont you start a new thread
I think this one should be closed and all you prison officers etc should start new threads now
Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:47 pm
sky
Banned

Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:48 pm
sky
Banned

Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:49 pm
sky
Banned

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:49 am
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by sky
You could always click your mouse elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K9
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:06 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sky
I think this one should be closed and all you prison officers etc should start new threads now
Thats not a bad idea. I take it you mean a thread where all the Prison Officers can go to share stories, experiences and concerns. One with information relative to what we're going to be doing?

LIKE THIS ONE.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Sky

Why do we need to start another thread?

This thread has been a godsend for all the prison staff going or hoping to find out more info on NZ. What new thread would we start anyway - it would only have the same subject heading.

You may find that one of the other threads may be of more interest to you on the home page - there are plenty to choose from.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:09 am
Just Joined

the m family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sky
Can i just say this thread has been a really helpful one for us. Weve only just joined having never been on any kind if forum and it has given us the final push to actually take the plunge and go for it! We really didn't have any contact with others that were going before this, so we are thrilled. It clearly says that it is about prison officers so if you haqd no interest then why bother reading it!!!!!

By the way Den, my OH says meeting for a sounds like a great idea!!!

Cheers everyone
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky

oh dear is someone jelous, it does what it says on the tin, prison officers,

im not one but have found the thread well interesting, funny and full of useful info for non prison officers,

almost makes me wanna spend time at her highnesses pleasure to be in such illustrious company, lol wonder why there nicknamed screws, dunno if i wanna find out
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:00 am
Just Joined

superscrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found website, great to hear from other people off to NZ. I am going to ChCh not sure which prison yet. I am on the Febuary course. Just got back passports with PR visas, already sold house and living in rented, just about to book flight.

Thanks Den for the insight it has certainly helped as I am sure we all have some doubts. Hope to see some of you on the course, I would like to know more about shift patterns etc form any body already there. would like to here from anybody going to ChCh area as well.

May the force be with you........
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:15 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sugo
oh dear is someone jelous, it does what it says on the tin, prison officers,

im not one but have found the thread well interesting, funny and full of useful info for non prison officers,

almost makes me wanna spend time at her highnesses pleasure to be in such illustrious company, lol wonder why there nicknamed screws, dunno if i wanna find out
Hey Sugo! Hows it going in Welly!!

We're called Screws coz in days of yore prisoners were made to walk on a wheel called a treadmill. If the staff wanted to make it harder for the miscreant, they used to tighten a screw.

I think thats right. Anyone?

Of course, every new member of staff thinks they're the first one to come up, 'I'm the best screw in town! Ha Ha!!' Yeh, we all laugh.....
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:23 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Sky

Why do we need to start another thread?

This thread has been a godsend for all the prison staff going or hoping to find out more info on NZ. What new thread would we start anyway - it would only have the same subject heading.

You may find that one of the other threads may be of more interest to you on the home page - there are plenty to choose from.
Just start another thread
Ya know ... spread the lurve around.
The more threads the more user specific they are. If a new prison officer stumbled across your thread it would take them till next month to read through it.
All Im saying
Sorry
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

the m family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superscrew
Just found website, great to hear from other people off to NZ. I am going to ChCh not sure which prison yet. I am on the Febuary course. Just got back passports with PR visas, already sold house and living in rented, just about to book flight.

Thanks Den for the insight it has certainly helped as I am sure we all have some doubts. Hope to see some of you on the course, I would like to know more about shift patterns etc form any body already there. would like to here from anybody going to ChCh area as well.

May the force be with you........
Hi superscrew,

We are also from Cambridgeshire, Where abouts in Cambridgeshire are you?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:32 pm
sky
Banned

Be brave, start a new thread, go on
You know you can do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.