Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:26 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Christmas in London? I hope not, hurry up and get your visa you slacker!!! Oh and turn the lights out when you leave the Country....
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:51 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Originally Posted by Den13
Not only call them Mr, we have to write it if we refer to them. If an Officer has the temerity to place an inmate on report and fails to write Mr, the adjudication is deemed incomplete and not proceeded with.

We also have a similar '3 strikes' thing - the Incentive and Earned Privelidge scheme. When enforced it works well. When someone smashes a cell, sorry room, up, assaults 3 staff and is restrained to the segregation unit and then is given 1 IEP warning, which means 2 more of them and he loses his tv for 3 days - it clearly ISN'T working.

If the public knew the truth about the penal system and the way it's going here, you'd be horrified. I've been doing it 13 years and I'm getting frightened. 5 investigations to my name this year - all foundless. I've been told not to respond to incidents by a Governor otherwise the investigations will continue. And he was on my side......

Sorry, I'm a bit tetchy...lack of sleep. or maybe beer withdrawal...
Let's get this straight and for the record, Den calls them 'Mr' I've got lots of other names for them . Rumour has it that Den is fleeing the Country to escape his crimes against humanity! One of his atrocities was to forget to call a criminal 'Mr!' Another was to forget to bow to the Governor....

And yes they're about to totally destroy the British Prison Service with more idiotic meddling. Good luck to them!!! How did things ever get so bad? The Public don't know the half of it. Our prisons are a public disgrace.

The test of a decent UK prison "Would you want anybody you know to work in one?" Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Well maybe Narey and Wheatley, just so they can see what they've done... Having met them both I know they wouldn't survive five minutes. :scared:

Ah that was good, a bloody good whinge, haven't done that in ages.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Let's get this straight and for the record, Den calls them 'Mr' I've got lots of other names for them . Rumour has it that Den is fleeing the Country to escape his crimes against humanity! One of his atrocities was to forget to call a criminal 'Mr!' Another was to forget to bow to the Governor....

And yes they're about to totally destroy the British Prison Service with more idiotic meddling. Good luck to them!!! How did things ever get so bad? The Public don't know the half of it. Our prisons are a public disgrace.

The test of a decent UK prison "Would you want anybody you know to work in one?" Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Well maybe Narey and Wheatley, just so they can see what they've done... Having met them both I know they wouldn't survive five minutes. :scared:

Ah that was good, a bloody good whinge, haven't done that in ages.

Feel better now lol have one of these

but here here btw
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:15 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Just had a coulple of e-mails through. Forgive me if you've had the same.
I've been told that the department will pay for 2 weeks accommodation for families and the course isn't residential now, and rooms will be found for us in the Upper Hutt area. That ties in with what the estate agent told me about the college rooms....

I'm off for my medical....
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:14 am
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Just had a coulple of e-mails through. Forgive me if you've had the same.
I've been told that the department will pay for 2 weeks accommodation for families and the course isn't residential now, and rooms will be found for us in the Upper Hutt area. That ties in with what the estate agent told me about the college rooms....

I'm off for my medical....
Den

Good luck with the medical I take it you have been drinking mineral water since you came back

Just remember when that glove goes on and you are on all fours don't tense up

K9
Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:42 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

:scared:

Seemed to go ok. Tho' I have to admit my pee in a cup was a smoking triumph. Jesus, should it really be that colour?

Also having a female Chinese doc utter the words in broken English - 'Would you mind if I fumbled with your testicles?' lead me to reply 'I insist', before I could engage my brain.......Then she noticed my nipple piercing (Don't ask) and said while cupping, 'Do you have any other piercings?' Bearing in mind I was naked apart from my socks (Nice look) and with my scrotum balanced in her palm, I said 'If you can't see it, I ain't got it.'

Never even cracked a smile........ Sure I saw her write PSO4400 on the form.....

I've got a sneaky feeling I'm going straight to hell.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:38 am
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

:scared:

Seemed to go ok. Tho' I have to admit my pee in a cup was a smoking triumph. Jesus, should it really be that colour?

Also having a female Chinese doc utter the words in broken English - 'Would you mind if I fumbled with your testicles?' lead me to reply 'I insist', before I could engage my brain.......Then she noticed my nipple piercing (Don't ask) and said while cupping, 'Do you have any other piercings?' Bearing in mind I was naked apart from my socks (Nice look) and with my scrotum balanced in her palm, I said 'If you can't see it, I ain't got it.'

Never even cracked a smile........ Sure I saw her write PSO4400 on the form.....

I've got a sneaky feeling I'm going straight to hell.
Lol,

Anyway nice to hear your progressing through the process well. My meds are booked for the 6th Oct and police checks were posted off a week or so ago. With all other stuff now here it is getting quite real. I got a letter from NZ saying that I would be met at the airport and a few nights at a local motel, not sure how long though. That was a relief to know I will have somewhere to lay my hat when I arrive. Made contact with local estate agents and getting info from them.

House has been on the market now for 19 days, and have had an offer which we have accepted, the buyers have no chain and when they want to move fits in well with my timescale. I can feel a resignation letter hitting the detail on crimbo eve.

Does anyone know any info on getting a house built on a section, or buying a house and moving it to a section. There seem to be a few sections up for grabs, and I am considering buying one and then going from there.

Scott
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

What is a section Scott?

Den do you know where the courses will be held now if not residential? Haven't heard anything our end for a bit.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ranbysue
What is a section Scott?

Plot of land to build on.
Cheers
Gill
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:07 am
Make pumps lots......

What is a section Scott?

Den do you know where the courses will be held now if not residential? Haven't heard anything our end for a bit.
They're still in Wellington but accommodation will be provided for us in the Upper Hutt area apparantly. Thats where the college and Rimutaka jail is.

Though an ex-colleague has just completed her course and that was residential.

BTW: Is anyone else having moslem/christian warfare in their nicks at the moment?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

They're still in Wellington but accommodation will be provided for us in the Upper Hutt area apparantly. Thats where the college and Rimutaka jail is.

Though an ex-colleague has just completed her course and that was residential.

BTW: Is anyone else having moslem/christian warfare in their nicks at the moment?

Ohhhhhhh so u seen any christians latly?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Den

Do you know of anyone who has already started and is well into the job?
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Den

Do you know of anyone who has already started and is well into the job?

I know of one she started about 7 weeks ago , she is loving it she is just into firearms training ( yes depending on your placement you may get firearms training)

She is at Waikeria and although she sayes its very differnt from life back home she has adjusted well and is enjoying the job.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:20 pm
Make pumps lots......

Originally Posted by MV5555
Ohhhhhhh so u seen any christians latly?
We'ere getting rid of our dog section and getting some Lions in........
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:47 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dekajack1
Reckon 4 of us on the same course. One of my workmates has a start date of February in Palmerston North area, so our numbers are creeping up, will be a laugh though.

Ann
Anne

Have you heard from Malky, OH bald one !!!! by any chance

Dropped him a PM weeks ago, not heard a sniff back

Let me know if you have heard, how he is getting on

Eddie from the big hoose aka the queen hotel or the methadone capital of Europe, yes this jail is now the official, biggest methadone dispender in Europe.

We have over 300 cons all on a daily script !!!!!! only a quarter of the jail numbers.

Eddie

PS dont get me started on meths either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.