Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Possible job offer in Waiouru

Possible job offer in Waiouru

Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default Possible job offer in Waiouru

Hi everyone

Paul has a possible job offer in Waiouru at the Army base working as an Electrician, the money is ok and you get subsidised living etc,

I have been searching on the web for info, but not having much luck, we have been looking around Invercargill and this is like Kato33 not an area we have reseached Southlands we have done loads,

Does anyone live in the surrounding area??

I know it has a lot of snow in the winter and hot summers etc but i cant find much more than that, even on the statistics page there is not a great deal

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:07 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible job offer in Waiouru

Can't help too much, but it seems the town now exists to support the base.
We went there merely as a place to turn off the Desert Road on the way to the Cold Kiwi bike rally, and the petrol station that was open a while ago has shut down.
If you're used to life on a military base, you may be okay, otherwise the people complaining of isolation in Tauranga will have nothing on you.
Oh, and the Desert Road is NZs version of the M1, it's not quite as busy though.