Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A positive thread.

A positive thread.

Old May 31st 2018, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile A positive thread.

I was going to add a couple more thoughts to the negative thread but it has been closed. Happy for this to be transferred to the other thread if the mods think best.
Over the years and just very recently I have found BE to be invaluable to me. It has provided me with answers to some mundane and not so mundane questions, to meet people I probably wouldn't meet otherwise, to provide friendship, advice and laughter and a safe place to have a moan when life is not going too well.
I see the support provided to others across the world, complete strangers, who they don't have to support. This support takes many different forms, it may be advice, information, affirmation, cyber hugs/love, practical, physical and even financial.

Just recently I was so touched by this support, warmth and generosity of spirit. It was a difficult time for me (and my OH) and strangers provided me with the name of a great surgeon, information on places to stay, travel etc. People got in touch by PM/Karma and wished me well, offered to visit me in hospital (as I was alone in Sydney) and just were there for me to help me through. AND it did help me enormously. There were a few moments when I wobbled badly and was scared to death and then there were these heart-warming messages from people who don't actually know me. Just WOW !
So I'd like to thank all those people for their kindness, and the Mods and concierges and the posters who keep BE running and making it the place it is. Thank you from the bottom of my heart