Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Polycystic ovaries anyone???

Polycystic ovaries anyone???

Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all
Default Polycystic ovaries anyone???

Hi guys

I have PCOs....just found out my file has been passed to the dreaded Med Dept. I have already been asked to provide a DR letter of explanation, which I have done.....saying basically that I have no side affects and I not require medication....

Im a little shocked as Fertility treatment sould I need it or decide i even want to persue it would be a private cost anyway

Does anyone have any experience of PCOs at the times of immi medicals?

bummer!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Default Re: Polycystic ovaries anyone???

Hi

I have PCOS and it was stated on my medical by the DR who did it in NZ but it never got referred!

Hope someone else can help - good luck
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:08 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookie2b
Im a little shocked as Fertility treatment sould I need it or decide i even want to persue it would be a private cost anyway
True but cysts can swell and burst (some repeatedly/monthly) leading to immense pain and possibly require treatment/surgery to remove irrespective of the fertility angle, it may be that that would concern them. If your consultant has stated no side effects then all should be good but NZIS will want their Dr to make that call, they won't do it themselves.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simonsi
True but cysts can swell and burst (some repeatedly/monthly) leading to immense pain and possibly require treatment/surgery to remove irrespective of the fertility angle, it may be that that would concern them. If your consultant has stated no side effects then all should be good but NZIS will want their Dr to make that call, they won't do it themselves.
Hi
yes cysts can burst etc....but my dr stated no treatment, no meds nothing.....I only discovered them by mistake no side affects whatsoever! guess i was just hoping that my general good health and age would be considered......OH had knee op last year for sporting injury (cruciate tear) te med doc recommended MORE surgery to correct...we got GP letter it was long and pretty hard to understand in its terminlolgy....but our case officer seemed to understand that lol.....an signed it off internally....that is in fact an ongoing medical issue crazy really.

hx

P.S

My HHHHH key doesn't type well.....
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
Hi

I have PCOS and it was stated on my medical by the DR who did it in NZ but it never got referred!

Hope someone else can help - good luck
I must have that...sick look about me

hopefully won't delay things toooo long glad yours was fine.....we should start a support group