Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pointless boxing ring posts moved from perfectly good thread called Why NZ?

Pointless boxing ring posts moved from perfectly good thread called Why NZ?

Old May 31st 2008, 2:38 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice
Default Re: Why NZ?????????????????

That's exactly what I think too Crap Coffee, a little love and understanding would go a long way.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:40 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis
Yawn.
Peace and much love to you too Genesis.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Well. Genesis. please don't be too mad. I know you are a very helpful person as Happynz. (I am not!)

I do respect everybody here on forum. so, whatever reason I try not to criticize anyone here in any case

Sure we can't love everybody, can we?

luckily we don't have to face people here though - It's good about this forum isn't it? but we have freedom of speech!

Its when people get personal that I get pissed off. I don't believe I have ever thrown the first insult. I get angry when people who have not liked NZ come on here and start getting personal.

Cathyc has gotten very personal with me. She started it..not me.

Its a free world people can post where they like. They do not have to like what I say and ditto what they write. I just don't understand why people feel the need to vent about NZ the way they do AND they have left. There are enough people on here anyways to warn of all the issues that prevail in NZ. I love it here but I am full of honesty about NZ. Its full of problems.

As I have said I do not post on police forums or the MBTTUK forums warning people of the dire consequences of life in the police and life in the UK..and neither were that good to me. I just move on.

Both the UK and the police are right for countless people. They just didn't work for me..That's fine, no bitterness...move on to the next chapter of my life.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyc
Peace and much love to you too Genesis.
sounds good Cathyc.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Its when people get personal that I get pissed off. I don't believe I have ever thrown the first insult. I get angry when people who have not liked NZ come on here and start getting personal.
sure... everybody does. getting personal is a bit problem.

however I don't know what the solution is.? anybody knows?

I guess the best way is 'better not to get involved in the first place'

Just say, Genesis, Why don't you go and have nice Cuppa to soothe your mind, body and soul? If I was in Palmy then I'd invite you for a cuppa if you like (surely Yorkshire Gold & Scone ).

I wish I could have someone to talk to right here with me. at least you have loving wife and family, haven't you?

I am not sure if you were in my shoes how would you feel then. My life here isn't rosy at all. I'd say it's ugly, to be honest. I sometimes feel difficult/lonely to death but try to be strong and positive.

Last edited by crap coffee; May 31st 2008 at 3:27 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 3:08 am
One day I might catch one

Possum Chaser has a spectacular aura aboutPossum Chaser has a spectacular aura aboutPossum Chaser has a spectacular aura about

sure... everybody does. getting personal is a bit problem.

however I don't know what the solution is.? anybody knows?

I guess the best way is 'better not to get involved in the first place'

Just say, Genesis, Why don't you go and have nice Cuppa to soothe your mind, body and soul? If I was in Palmy then I'd probably invite you for a cuppa (surely Yorkshire Gold ).

I wish I could have someone to talk to right here with me. at least you have loving wife and family, haven't you?

I am not sure if you were in my shoes how would you feel then. I sometimes feel lonley to death but try to be strong and positive.
I don't understand why there is a need for personal attacks. Surely if everybody stayed on topic and discussed things like adults life would be eaiser.

I have been a lurker here sometime, and do not agree that anti NZ people are hounded of the board, people get anti when coments get personal, which doesn't help anyone.

There is NO Wrong or Right answer about whether NZ is good or bad, it's up to you as a individual to make that discison. Life is short and precous, enjoy it, follow your dreams, if it doesn't work move on.

Now play nicely

Last edited by Possum Chaser; May 31st 2008 at 3:08 am. Reason: PS We like it here so far
Old May 31st 2008, 3:08 am
Banned

Cathyc has gotten very personal with me. She started it..not me.
Come on Genesis do you really believe that? Isn't this the thread where you and me had our first butting of heads? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...59#post6373159
please read through it and see if you still agree with that statement. You don't need to be so defensive about a place do you?

Peace and love Genesis and make yourself a cuppa.

Last edited by cathyc; May 31st 2008 at 3:16 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 3:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You know what. BEVS will turn up here soon and say 'this thread closed' something
.... and here I am, just popping in on my way to enjoy a lovely sunny afternoon

The members of this forum are entitled to express their views. Positive and negative threads about New Zealand are both welcome provided they are constructive threads & don't descend into personal jibes, baiting and put-downs.
Rule 1 of BE starts out by saying 'respect each others opinions' .

The Title of this thread is 'Why NZ'? The OPs opening post makes it clear about the subject matter -

What is it about this strange, far from perfect, isolated little group of islands that attracts you??
It's a worthwhile subject and it would be good to hear from those already here and those newbies yet to come as to why they have settled on NZ . To this end I view that this thread has been highjacked

Here is my plan for this thread

1] Genesis. I'll separate the constructive posts in this thread from the pointless waste of time posts. Put Cathyc on ignore. If there are personal remarks, jibes or anything else like that , please use the report button or PM me.

2] I'll put the niggling posts into a Boxing Ring thread of their own & close it. It's not getting either of you anywhere is it.

3] Cathyc - Feel free to start your own thread called Why Not NZ? Put Genesis on ignore . If you feel that Genesis has bullied you in some way then use the report button. However, it was his thread that you chose to interrupt. The subject matter was not about positives and negatives in NZ. It was simply asking why people would choose NZ.

If I see any further baiting , jibes or personal remarks about the others situation or point of view, I'll sanction.

I'm in a bit of a rush to enjoy the rest of my afternoon and evening, so I just hope you feel this is fair.

Please do feel free to PM me if you feel it isn't or with your thoughts.

edited here.....
Apologies to any contributors that feel their post may be in this Bun Fight thread when it belongs in Why NZ thread. PM me to let me know & I will try to move it for you.
Thanks

Last edited by BEVS; May 31st 2008 at 3:45 am. Reason: add a bit