Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pointless boxing ring posts moved from perfectly good thread called Why NZ?

Pointless boxing ring posts moved from perfectly good thread called Why NZ?

Old May 31st 2008, 12:43 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice
Default Pointless boxing ring posts moved from perfectly good thread called Why NZ?

Originally Posted by Genesis

We live happily with all the negatives as fortunately few if any (apart from the awful driving) impact upon us as a family.
That's explains a lot you live happily with all the negatives but because most of them don't impact on you you're fine and have very little time for anyone who has to struggle with them. I think the reasons why they don't impact on you are because your life back in Britain was pretty awful and it's all relative to that. You also have enough money put aside to be able to opt out of the world of work and do pretty much as you please. Some of us used to live pretty well back home and were a lot worse off for moviing to New Zealand where we ended up with manky cold houses and crappy jobs
Old May 31st 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why NZ?????????????????

Originally Posted by cathyc
That's explains a lot you live happily with all the negatives but because most of them don't impact on you you're fine and have very little time for anyone who has to struggle with them. I think the reasons why they don't impact on you are because your life back in Britain was pretty awful and it's all relative to that. You also have enough money put aside to be able to opt out of the world of work and do pretty much as you please. Some of us used to live pretty well back home and were a lot worse off for moviing to New Zealand where we ended up with manky cold houses and crappy jobs
Again, no one asked you to come.

I do not go on police forums bashing the service because of the miserable way I was treated by peers and management alike. I have moved on from a part of my life that was not as good as it is now. I have no regrets and would never ever try to put off anyone joining the police.

I get the feeling that some people who have not had a good time in NZ would actively like to discourage people from coming..one openly said it...don't come!!

My home here in NZ was far from wonderful when I bought it. It has taken much time and effort to get where we are now. We have had to invest heavily to get where we wanted it to be.

The caveat is don't emigrate without sufficient funds. We are not rolling in it..for Gods sake I am just a bit older than most of you, you will probably have more money when you are almost 50! Its not a sin you know. And my life was not crap in the UK, the nieghbourhood was and so were all the crowds and the wall to wall, day to day crime.

I have had shed loads of crappy jobs..no one asked/ made me do them..they were part of my life. I don't really like the cleaning job I do each week, but it helps pay the bills. When I get that sick of it I will summat else.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:15 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice

Again, no one asked you to come.

I do not go on police forums bashing the service because of the miserable way I was treated by peers and management alike. I have moved on from a part of my life that was not as good as it is now. I have no regrets and would never ever try to put off anyone joining the police.

I get the feeling that some people who have not had a good time in NZ would actively like to discourage people from coming..one openly said it...don't come!!

My home here in NZ was far from wonderful when I bought it. It has taken much time and effort to get where we are now. We have had to invest heavily to get where we wanted it to be.

The caveat is don't emigrate without sufficient funds. We are not rolling in it..for Gods sake I am just a bit older than most of you, you will probably have more money when you are almost 50! Its not a sin you know. And my life was not crap in the UK, the nieghbourhood was and so were all the crowds and the wall to wall, day to day crime.

I have had shed loads of crappy jobs..no one asked/ made me do them..they were part of my life. I don't really like the cleaning job I do each week, but it helps pay the bills. When I get that sick of it I will summat else.

But why shouldn't they discourage people from coming if it spares them a lot of pain, money and heartache? look at the poll 40% didn't think they'd stay in New Zealand and that's just people who post on the New Zealand board if it had been on the MBTUK board too then the % may've been even higher. The thing is that these problems are very common for a lot of people and they don't always want to talk about them on this board because of the way they'll get attacked by people like you who delight in winding them up when they're feeling very vulnerable. I only feel able to post about it now and to face up to bullying posters because we managed to get sort out our lives and get out. Your quiet life in a backwater sounds as dull as ditch water to me but you love it, that just shows how we are all so different. You see it as a uptopia but to us it was sheer pergatory.

Last edited by cathyc; May 31st 2008 at 1:17 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

But why shouldn't they discourage people from coming if it spares them a lot of pain, money and heartache? look at the poll 40% didn't think they'd stay in New Zealand and that's just people who post on the New Zealand board if it had been on the MBTUK board too then the % may've been even higher. The thing is that these problems are very common for a lot of people and they don't always want to talk about them on this board because of the way they'll get attacked by people like you who delight in winding them up when they're feeling very vulnerable. I only feel able to post about it now and to face up to bullying posters because we managed to get sort out our lives and get out. Your quiet life in a backwater sounds as dull as ditch water to me but you love it, that just shows how we are all so different. You see it as a uptopia but to us it was sheer pergatory.
You wonder why I put you on ignore? You call me a bully, you feel sorry for my wife..because I am SUCH a bully. You suggest my home town is a shit place to raise kids and that my life is dull and I am burnt out. You are one exceptionally rude person! And you call me a bully..go away would you???? Work out all that bitterness on me aye?? You and Nerine aren't sisters are you??
Old May 31st 2008, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

You and Nerine aren't sisters are you??
I burst out laughing

Last edited by crap coffee; May 31st 2008 at 1:53 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I burst out laughing

:

They are very much of the same ilk are they not???
Old May 31st 2008, 1:56 am
Banned

What? I don't have any sisters thank you for asking, For heavens sakes Nerine isn't the only person to have moved from New Zealand to Australia you know plenty of people do it and will continue moving. I think you're suffering from an overactive imgaination and seeing ghosts where there are none. But if I see her I'll pass on your best wishes because you obiviously need to have her around. I used to post on another forum a year ago and the people there were mad too is there something in the water in that country?

No I didn't suggest your home town is a "sh-t place to raise kids" I don't even know where your home town is, it could be though you tell me what's it like?

And yes you are a bully
You have the temerity to say stuff like

'great place to bring up your kids' with shit loads of sarcasm. You make sweeping, negative statements, writing of somewhere I have found great to live for 3 years.

comments like that are bound to piss people off who are making a go of their lives in this 'awful' place.

Don't bother replying to me if you don't like it or put me on ignore.
So if I don't like the things you say to me you're telling me to shut up is that right? that feels like bullying to me, do you find it difficult to talk about things calmly or do you always treat people who don't agree with you like this?
Old May 31st 2008, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ash1
Totally agree with all that you say.

We moved here witha very open mind. We did our homework and new about some of the chilly bin housing so we weren`t suprised. Reminds me of the first flat I bought in England which had no heating and single glazing and your bedside glass of water would freeze in the night. Of coarse it is alot milder at night where we are in NZ .
The main points that we like are:
The people are very friendly and there is still a faith in human nature and trust.
The roads are relatively quiet. If someone says its 2 hours to Taupo then even if you get stuck behind the odd logging truck, it`ll still be near to 2 hours.
The weather were we are is great, all year round. Lovely summers and mild winters.
My kids loooooooooooovvvee it here and they have never done so much sport.
The beach is 2 mins walk away.
Most sporting attractions are either cheap or free.
I as a person are more relaxed than I have ever beem which really windes my mrs up.
Theres more
Got to go
I`ll be back
Ash

It IS really good here isn't it? And apparently my life is as dull as ditch water. Bring on that dull, greyness of NZ. I just love it!! Alas some peple get real antsy when they hear of folk enjoying what they did not. Shame.

I wish everyone was happy..alas some are consigned to bitterness (or come over that way). Such is life.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

What? I don't have any sisters thank you for asking, For heavens sakes Nerine isn't the only person to have moved from New Zealand to Australia you know plenty of people do it and will continue moving. I think you're suffering from an overactive imgaination and seeing ghosts where there are none. But if I see her I'll pass on your best wishes because you obiviously need to have her around. I used to post on another forum a year ago and the people there were mad too is there something in the water in that country?

No I didn't suggest your home town is a "sh-t place to raise kids" I don't even know where your home town is, it could be though you tell me what's it like?

And yes you are a bully

So if I don't like the things you say to me you're telling me to shut up is that right? that feels like bullying to me, do you find it difficult to talk about things calmly or do you always treat people who don't agree with you like this?
Excuse me. Re Palmerston North May 21st 12.53....... your post..."We almost went there...Tim was offered a job there".....waffle, waffle. You then over a number of posts slag off my life, my town and me generally. 'Sounds like a great place to bring up kids' was your dig at Palmy and so on.

Just go away and vent your bile elsewhere.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

You know what. BEVS will turn up here soon and say 'this thread closed' something

I gotta go out to get some fresh air rather than spending time on BE forum - It seems that (again) this is a never ending argument (so far I know) I don't bother thinking about such issues any more. It's not worth. better go and making money or studying or cleaning the house or cooking or something else

Last edited by crap coffee; May 31st 2008 at 2:46 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

This board is very pro NZ and an decenting voices do tend to get jumped on pretty quick, where as it seems to be ok to have a go at the UK. I think this is mainly due to the reasons most of the posters moved to NZ.

That said people here are very helpful with immigration issues or giving advice to newcomers.

I'd imagine most people who dont like NZ leave and stop posting on this forum, which in some respects makes the views here a little biased.

I for one like NZ, I wouldnt want to live here forever, I'll probably stay a year or so longer, but then my life in the UK was great, I value my extended family too much to move away perminantly. Maybe its my age but I can find it a little 'dull' here to, but I came here from London for work which is a big change. Most Kiwis my age are trying to do the opposite

There are lots of reasons not to move to NZ and people should be informed of them, its not better than the UK its just different. Depending on why you want to leave the UK it may be for you. Its pretty much as far from the UK as you can get so I'd tend to ask what was wrong with every other country you discounted first
Old May 31st 2008, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crap coffee
You know what. BEVS will turn up here soon and say 'this thread closed' something

I gotta go out to get some fresh air rather than spending time on BE forum - It seems that (again) this is a never ending argument (so far I know) I don't bother thinking about such issues any more. It's not worth. better go and making money or studying or cleaning the house or cooking or something else

If it is seen that I am an agressor I am more than happy to have my account deleted. Let's see if that happens. Quite frankly I am at a stage where I care not one way or t'other.

I have always tried to help others who want to come here, I have been picked on by at least 3 people who hate NZ and turn their jibes at me to seem like I am the one doing the attacking.

I am not.

I await to see if I have my account deleted.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:30 am
Banned

You really do have a selective memory don't you or don't you read what people say properly? firstly when many people say their home town they mean the place they grew up in or where they came from which is why I couldn't understand why you'd said I'd called it "sh-t" Secondly you need to go back and read what I said I didn't say it was sh-t that was your description. THIS is what I said

We almost went there, Tim had a job offer a while back but turned it down after we'd visited. There was something in the news a few days back about a young girl being sexually assaulted there and we both said it's probably just as well we gave it a miss. Funny place.

and

Palmerston North sounds feral to me, didn't they fish some body out of the river there recently, some guy who'd been seriously assaulted and just before the case came to court he falls in a river and drowns. Sounds like a great place to bring up a family.
and as for your life I didn't say it was dull as ditch water I said it sounds like it is, there is a big difference
Your quiet life in a backwater sounds as dull as ditch water to me but you love it, that just shows how we are all so different. You see it as a uptopia but to us it was sheer pergatory.
And I was using it to show how different we all are. Do you remember saying this?
Some people will hate NZ because of this..for me at nigh on 50 bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZ is the 4th 'quietest' place to live a new international survey showed. Iceland Denmark and Norway are above us.

So if you want action, culture and the like.......................................... DON'T come to NZ.

If you want the quiet life its the place to be..unless you speak Icelandic, Norwiegan or Danish of course!!!
So when you say it it's ok but when someone else says the same but from the other side of the fence you get aggresive? You really do need to let other people express their opinions instead of trying to speak over them don't hound us off the board just for daring to be different to you.

Just go away and vent your bile elsewhere.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

If it is seen that I am an agressor I am more than happy to have my account deleted. Let's see if that happens. Quite frankly I am at a stage where I care not one way or t'other.

I have always tried to help others who want to come here, I have been picked on by at least 3 people who hate NZ and turn their jibes at me to seem like I am the one doing the attacking.

I am not.

I await to see if I have my account deleted.

Well. Genesis. please don't be too mad. I know you are a very helpful person like Happynz does. (I am not! - I am a crazy mixed up kid - Thanks Yotty for that )

I do respect everybody here on forum. so, whatever reason I try not to criticize anyone here in any case

Sure we can't love everybody, can we?

luckily we don't have to face people here though - It's good about this forum isn't it? but we have freedom of speech!

Last edited by crap coffee; May 31st 2008 at 3:32 am.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

You really do have a selective memory don't you or don't you read what people say properly? firstly when many people say their home town they mean the place they grew up in or where they came from which is why I couldn't understand why you'd said I'd called it "sh-t" Secondly you need to go back and read what I said I didn't say it was sh-t that was your description. THIS is what I said

and as for your life I didn't say it was dull as ditch water I said it sounds like it is, there is a big difference

And I was using it to show how different we all are. Do you remember saying this?

So when you say it it's ok but when someone else says the same but from the other side of the fence you get aggresive? You really do need to let other people express their opinions instead of trying to speak over them don't hound us off the board just for daring to be different to you.

Yawn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.