Reload this Page >

Please answer this

Please answer this

Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

GAZCOM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please answer this

Hi to you all,

Pleased read this and try to clarify a few things for me.

Do you actually need to be doing a certain job to get points to qualify, or does your qualification and experience count... for example

I have a degree in the food industry with 3 years experience, and I have 5 years qualification in agriculture with over 8 years experience3...but Iam currently running my own business house building.

Help please
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:03 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please answer this

Originally Posted by GAZCOM
Hi to you all,

Pleased read this and try to clarify a few things for me.

Do you actually need to be doing a certain job to get points to qualify, or does your qualification and experience count... for example

I have a degree in the food industry with 3 years experience, and I have 5 years qualification in agriculture with over 8 years experience3...but Iam currently running my own business house building.

Help please
When I got my points, I gained them as a qualified and experienced motor mechanic, although, at the time, I was working as a Transport Route Planner in the haulage industry. It all depends on which academically qualified job you have, is on the short list .........
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

GAZCOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks, does the job you wish to apply for have to be on the shortage lists?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:16 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Qulifications, experience only. Too many chancers would qualify otherwise!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:23 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GAZCOM
Many thanks, does the job you wish to apply for have to be on the shortage lists?
Are you going for full PR?? If you are and you gain the points required without a job offer, then you can enter NZ with the qualifications and experience of a job on the skills shortage list and work in whatever industry you want. However, if their are conditions attached to your PR, then you will have to work in the industry for which you stated your quals and experience are in. This is usually a short term thing.

Beware though, New Zealander's will usually hire a Kiwi over an immigrant, so taking a chance on working in an industry for which you aren't qualified, could prove very difficult.

I gained my PR as a mechanic. My original idea was to come to NZ as a mechanic and find a job in transport, however, experience in NZ transport is something I didn't have and so the jobs just didn't fall for me. I am now working as a mechanic and enjoying it far more than I thought I would....