Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Places to vist during school holidays?

Places to vist during school holidays?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Places to vist during school holidays?

Hi All,

We are trying to plan out the first week of the holidays (22nd-29th).

We have inquired for a rental for a campervan, but doesn't look promising at the moment.

Whether we get this or not..I am looking for information on places to visit day trips or overnight (if we can get the dog booked in anywhere).

We have 2 kids (13 & 6), so let me all know your thoughts so we can start planning. We are in Howick, so willing to go North or South from there.

Would also like to hear of some good caravan parks (who accept dogs) that some of you may have been to.

Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to vist during school holidays?

ROTORUA

The most wonderful place on earth !!
Seriously there is so much you can do here and loads of holiday parks. Not too sure about them taking dogs, but the answer to that is only a phone call away.

Things to do ........ Museum and Blue Baths in the Government Gardens,
Whakarewarewa Maori Village, Maori concert and Hangi, Swim in hot pools, Luge down Mt Ngongotaha - Skyline skyrides - Gondola and chair lifts, Swim in the blue lake, have a mud bath, walk or mountain bike in the Redwoods Forest, jet boat, Rainbow Springs - kiwi encounter, Paradise Valley to feed the lions and of course the Agrodome with all those sheep. This was just off the top of my head.

Seriously, Rotorua is a great destination for a couple of days.
Gill and Rob
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:12 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi All,

We are trying to plan out the first week of the holidays (22nd-29th).

We have inquired for a rental for a campervan, but doesn't look promising at the moment.

Whether we get this or not..I am looking for information on places to visit day trips or overnight (if we can get the dog booked in anywhere).

We have 2 kids (13 & 6), so let me all know your thoughts so we can start planning. We are in Howick, so willing to go North or South from there.

Would also like to hear of some good caravan parks (who accept dogs) that some of you may have been to.

Thanks

if you do a search on www.aatravel.co.nz , you can find places on there that will take the dog. Otherwise have you looked at kennels?? From what I've seen, prices are very reasonable here.

HTH
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
ROTORUA

The most wonderful place on earth !!
Seriously there is so much you can do here and loads of holiday parks. Not too sure about them taking dogs, but the answer to that is only a phone call away.

Things to do ........ Museum and Blue Baths in the Government Gardens,
Whakarewarewa Maori Village, Maori concert and Hangi, Swim in hot pools, Luge down Mt Ngongotaha - Skyline skyrides - Gondola and chair lifts, Swim in the blue lake, have a mud bath, walk or mountain bike in the Redwoods Forest, jet boat, Rainbow Springs - kiwi encounter, Paradise Valley to feed the lions and of course the Agrodome with all those sheep. This was just off the top of my head.

Seriously, Rotorua is a great destination for a couple of days.
Gill and Rob
Blue Lake Top Ten Holiday Park is a must. So many things to do within a few minutes drive.
You get picked up from there for the Moari night & Hangi by coach, great night out!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:22 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Blue Lake Top Ten Holiday Park is a must. So many things to do within a few minutes drive.
You get picked up from there for the Moari night & Hangi by coach, great night out!!!
We went to Rotorua and ended up staying 4 days instead of 2! We did the Agrodome, zorbing, the luge/skilift, stayed at the Blue Lakes Top 10 and also did the Maori night taken there and dropped off from the site - great evening. Also did one of the thermal parks and the buried village. It's a great place to explore.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We went to Rotorua and ended up staying 4 days instead of 2! We did the Agrodome, zorbing, the luge/skilift, stayed at the Blue Lakes Top 10 and also did the Maori night taken there and dropped off from the site - great evening. Also did one of the thermal parks and the buried village. It's a great place to explore.
reminds me - have you tried to book for January?? almost forgot what with folks coming and mates from brissy over???
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
reminds me - have you tried to book for January?? almost forgot what with folks coming and mates from brissy over???
I looked and there seemed to be availability then I got in a fuss as Karen said there wasn't and then I thought if I booked and no-one else did ...
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:27 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I looked and there seemed to be availability then I got in a fuss as Karen said there wasn't and then I thought if I booked and no-one else did ...
I tried and couldn't get anything
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by karonious
http://www.bluelaketop10.co.nz/booki...ateTo=13/01/08

still got some ... or am I doing something wrong?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I was gonna ring them - has anyone else booked ---- sorry that this is in the wrong thread but stickies can be overlooked.......
Here have a photo of a fun chap enjoying relaxing after what kids could also do in the hols - football and dressing up as Shrek!!:
Attached Thumbnails Places to vist during school holidays?-img_2496_crop.jpg   Places to vist during school holidays?-img_2395_resize.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

http://www.bluelaketop10.co.nz/booki...ateTo=13/01/08

still got some ... or am I doing something wrong?
think you're right but is anyone going?? hope so...........
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:02 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I've just tried again but last time I tried for Friday and Saturday, this time just Saturday so it may go through