Shipping goods

Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping goods

Hi There, just wondered if anyone had some advice on having some furniture sent from the UK? I want two chairs from Ikea( yes, I know its stupid, but just can't find what I'm after here in Chch)and trying to figure whats the best way to have them sent here! Thought about phoning the guys who sent our container and see what price they come up with!? The chairs are flat packed with leather cushions so not too huge. Since the chairs are only 90 quid, they'll work out quite inexpensive if I can keep the cost of delivery down. Any help with this woulg be great, ta!

Sharon xx
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Shipping goods

What will the costs from customs be though? Don't they charge for bringing new goods in?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Oh Bugger, had'nt thought of that!!! Any idea what the charges will be? Thanks Dandy Dan
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Not sure on this but.....

My wifes boss imports lots of stuff to NZ from the USA and the UK and if its from the UK you will be able to get it sent VAT free while GST does not apply to any imports under an invoice price of $750 i think it is so obviously the VAT element cold go towards the shipping....
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

dunno, but am sure you're only allowed to bring stuff in once customs free, so to speak, and that's usually your container. Anything else, am sure you pay for but don't know how much or how you find out. Soz.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think thats the case as this guy keeps telling me what he's recently brought in from here and there and strangely how the invoice is often a dollar or two under the threshold

I'll check tomorrow..........
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Hey, that would be great thanks. Now just have to bribe one of our friends in the UK to go to Ikea, drive around for ages looking for a car park space, get completely p****d off trying to locate my stuff, then queue for an hour at the till, be rudely spoken to by a cashier, then carry all the stuff back to the car(probably in the pouring rain)...erm don't think I have that good a friend...LOL!

xx
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Staar
Hey, that would be great thanks. Now just have to bribe one of our friends in the UK to go to Ikea, drive around for ages looking for a car park space, get completely p****d off trying to locate my stuff, then queue for an hour at the till, be rudely spoken to by a cashier, then carry all the stuff back to the car(probably in the pouring rain)...erm don't think I have that good a friend...LOL!

xx
Fantastic description and just how I remember England! Makes you glad to be here
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:49 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There, just wondered if anyone had some advice on having some furniture sent from the UK? I want two chairs from Ikea( yes, I know its stupid, but just can't find what I'm after here in Chch)and trying to figure whats the best way to have them sent here! Thought about phoning the guys who sent our container and see what price they come up with!? The chairs are flat packed with leather cushions so not too huge. Since the chairs are only 90 quid, they'll work out quite inexpensive if I can keep the cost of delivery down. Any help with this woulg be great, ta!

Sharon xx
http://www.customs.govt.nz/default.htm Should tell you in here somewhere.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:25 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

My dad needs to ship a chair to me - he's managed to dismantle it and fit it in a box but the best quote I have so far for shipping is from www.parcel2go.com of 81 quid
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Cheers for that, but had a brainwave (well half of one actually)apparently there's an Ikea in Australia (can you see where I'm going with this) so have e-mailed the branch in Victoria to see if they'll post me what I want but obviously I'll foot the bill! Thought the shipping would be less but will still have to look into the customs thingy!

Thanks again for all the help. S xx
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Cram has a brilliant futureCram has a brilliant futureCram has a brilliant futureCram has a brilliant futureCram has a brilliant futureCram has a brilliant future

Cheers for that, but had a brainwave (well half of one actually)apparently there's an Ikea in Australia (can you see where I'm going with this) so have e-mailed the branch in Victoria to see if they'll post me what I want but obviously I'll foot the bill! Thought the shipping would be less but will still have to look into the customs thingy!

Thanks again for all the help. S xx

isnt ikea comming to New Zealand next year??? ( so my removal guy told me when he came to do the estimate)
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm very interested in this. If anyone knows of a cost effective way to ship a couple of cartons I'd like to hear from them.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm (hopefully) going to be sending a carton from the UK to NZ with my mother She doesn't know this yet of course HAHA

I'm going to look at 'Excess Baggage' and see what prices they charge!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:45 am
Just Joined

NZ air wanted 150 pounds per 23 kilo bag from heathrow (excess baggage) to Chch in June, so guessing it would be roughly 450 dollars back the other way. Its sooo expensive Sending it by sea would certainly cheaper than air freight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.