Reload this Page >

Paying money to NZ from UK

Paying money to NZ from UK

Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Paying money to NZ from UK

Hi
I am trying to pay for my nursing registration in NZ from my Building Society in GB using my visa credit card. But I have been informed that thay have tried to take the money, but the credit card is invalid. I contacted my building society who gave permission for the payment before it was asked for the second time, they cant see why it is not going through.
It has been suggested by NZ that I get a bank cheque payable on a NZ bank, does anyone have any other suggestions, I have spare money on my credit card I have money in my bank, I just want to pay my registration. But how?
All help greatfully received.
By the was after a phone conversation at 6.30am I have my job offer, now this just leaves registration and immigration.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: Paying money to NZ from UK

Hi Karin,
I paid for my nursing registration and annual nursing certificate on my Mastercard and had no problems whatsoever. The only reason it should decline is if the card no or expiry date is incorrect. Maybe they've inputted incorrect details. Have you double checked with the NZ Nursing Council?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:32 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

That's very odd. I pay for things on my British credit card all the time. You could try doing a bank to bank transfer. The NZ end can supply their bank details and then you can set up a direct transfer. Your bank can probably do this, but there is a fee. I use exe.com for transfers which is really easy once you've set it up. They actually helped me when I rang because I had a problem. I used Hifix some years back and they will take money from a UK debit card (not sure about credit card). Both gave better rates than the bank. Since you will probably be making further money exchanges in future it might be worth setting something up. Once you are set up with them it is very easy to move money between NZ and UK bank accounts.

You could ask them if they accept paypal. Unlikely but worth a try. It's very easy to transfer money that way.

Congratulations on the job offer by the way.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Take care if paying by cheque and trying to use NZD instead of GBP.
Our cheque book is GBP and was found unacceptable although requested by the NZ end and holding sufficient funds ready.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Congrats on the job - I used my debit card to pay for my registration and annual practising certificate and had no problems (£1.50 charge only). As already said are all your details correct?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yep I have checked my card detail. I've offered a direct money transfer, I've offered a debit card payment. They have now decided they want a bank cheque payable on a nZ bank. I have this am sorted that it will cost me £12 and will take 3days to get to me but at least it is now sorted . I will email nz and let them know it is being sorted. Thank you all for your help and ideas.