Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Patience Is A Virtue ...

Patience Is A Virtue ...

Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:05 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Patience Is A Virtue ...

... And not one I possess!!

I submitted my application for PR on 2nd October. I have letter (yes, in print ...) telling me I'd be assigned a CO in 8 weeks. I, sad, old, bag that I am, counted this on my Robbie calendar to be 27th November - but maths was never my strong point!

I emailed and made out had crisis with the kids school having been given notice. They asked for some more info. I duly supplied. But was told can go anyway and get Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket when there. Hubster won't do this ... and to be fair the house isn't ready to market yet.

I was then told mid-December for a CO - 1-2 months after that for PR.

What is mid-December? As still have heard zilch? But don't want to hassle and become a pain in the proverbial?

Should I remind them I'm still here, still waiting? Or should I adopt the "it'll happen when it happens, and we're not ready yet anyway?" Like, (it's easy for me I'm a Kiwi, I can go tomorrow with the kids) Hubby?

I read all these peoples threads on here who are all booked up, going, some gone since I joined, and feel nothing is moving forward for us?

I like to plan ahead, and with the kids and the dogs, I know it'll take us a minimum of 8 weeks from passport back to actually going. But I first wanted to be out there for New Year. Then mid/end Jan. Now ... what ... bloody March/April? I'll have no nails and no hair left by then ... and that's soooooo not a good look for a Fairy!!! :scared:
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:24 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of
Default Re: Patience Is A Virtue ...

Patience..... tell me about it. EOI in and selected early nov. then told some points knocked off for less experience than required. then job offer last week to start on jan 26th. mad panic mailing London. ita or PR wont come in that time says he, so OH is now going for work to res. but thats another form and app. so off she emails to Dunedin saying they need to fill form in and fax back. thats done but now got to wait for medicals results that we had yesterday, but will be back in 10 days cos of xmas. bloody xmas, getting in the way of everything. going to be bald and grey in a fortnight if this keeps up
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Patience..... tell me about it. EOI in and selected early nov. then told some points knocked off for less experience than required. then job offer last week to start on jan 26th. mad panic mailing London. ita or PR wont come in that time says he, so OH is now going for work to res. but thats another form and app. so off she emails to Dunedin saying they need to fill form in and fax back. thats done but now got to wait for medicals results that we had yesterday, but will be back in 10 days cos of xmas. bloody xmas, getting in the way of everything. going to be bald and grey in a fortnight if this keeps up
It's a bloody nitemare isn't it?! Just hate hanging around waiting for other people who, for some bizarre reason or another, don't appear to have me top of their list of priorities!!

Decided last night that I'll do nothing until after Christmas and then first week in January will get on the phone and very politely chase it up!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:10 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It's a bloody nitemare isn't it?! Just hate hanging around waiting for other people who, for some bizarre reason or another, don't appear to have me top of their list of priorities!!

Decided last night that I'll do nothing until after Christmas and then first week in January will get on the phone and very politely chase it up!
Good idea to hold off, Caroline. No-one's in any mood to work right now, and it's unlikely there'll be many staff to help before the New Year anyway. I am absolutely champing at the bit to get my CV off to some potential employers and get interviews lined up, but I'm telling myself to hold off until the New Year... responses tend to be more favourable and positive once people are over the festive season, too.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

I'm sooo impatient too - want everything yesterday !!!

I decided not to worry about the house etc until after christmas, then I was going to go full throttle on estate agents ... might not be any need now T'is very true - Good things come to those that wait
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Good idea to hold off, Caroline. No-one's in any mood to work right now, and it's unlikely there'll be many staff to help before the New Year anyway. I am absolutely champing at the bit to get my CV off to some potential employers and get interviews lined up, but I'm telling myself to hold off until the New Year... responses tend to be more favourable and positive once people are over the festive season, too.
Hi Maz, yeah, the voice of reason (Hubby!) won through last nite!!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I was then told mid-December for a CO - 1-2 months after that for PR.

What is mid-December? As still have heard zilch? But don't want to hassle and become a pain in the proverbial?

We were in the same position this time last year. Everything goes stop, from the beginning of December until mid January.
Just chill and forget until then and enjoy your Xmas and New Year.
Have a happy one - your next will be in NZ.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Amber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really nice

There's a couple of people now who've posted on the boards saying that they got their EOI accepted with x number of points, then were later told that they actually have fewer points than they thought. But they are still now accepted and in the process. Meanwhile those of us who didn't make a mistake on our number of points are bumped down the queue?

I'm not complaining about those that do get their EOIs accepted - well done everyone, honest! - but there must be numerous people every time there's a selection who accidentally claim more points than they really have, and then they are "in"...and the rest of us wait and wait...?

The Outsider
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:02 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity what is your position with your EOI?

How many points have you got?
When did you submit your EOI?
Have you got a job offer?
How long have you been in the pool?

We've got 115 points
Job offer with an accredited employer,
EOI submitted 19/12/2006
EOI selected 20/12/2006
ITA received 30/12/2006!!!!!!

We are totally gobsmacked by all of this and realise that we are in a truly fortunate position, but we were prepared for a wait, like everyone else, and for some people the wait means that they risk losing jobs and families been parted, and in some cases, like my Fairy Friend, people try and do the right thing in the right order, for their family's sake and the system is agonisingly slow, and if I could swap places with Caroline right now and say you go, and I'll wait, then I would.

What I'm trying to say is, as the title of the thread says, Patience is a Virtue.!!!!!