Painting in NZ

Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Leslie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Painting in NZ

Our daughter is moving to NZ next year, and as a pro artist, I would like to make contact with NZ art galleries prior to my wife and I visiting her when she has settled in, so that I have somewhere to exhibit and sell work when over there (which would mean we could afford to stay longer, visa limitations permitting).
2 galleries in Christchurch are interested in selling my work, The Merivale Gallery, and The Bealey Gallery. Does anyone in Christchurch know anything of these 2 galleries? I have been in contact via email, both seem friendly, but as they are both in Christchurch I may have to choose just one.

The Bealey Gallery are interested in selling (or at least trying to sell) my UK oil paintings if I send some over before hand. Any help or advice from art lovers in Christchurch would be great! If anyone knows of any other traditional art galleries in NZ who might be interested in selling work from a UK artist, that would be very useful too. I have a web site, www.lesliestones.co.uk and can email a link to potential galleries. I must admit, we are not looking forward to our daughter moving, but we are looking forward to visiting NZ! Thanks very much to anyone who can help.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:21 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Painting in NZ

I live quite near to both galleries but I haven't paid much attention to them (being the cultural troglodyte that I am). Next time I stroll by I'll try to remember to go in and have a nosy.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

HHmm. That's a toughie. I suppose you'll get a better feel for the NZ market once you are here.

I did find this one possibility
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of artists sell their work via http://www.trademe.co.nz/Art/index.htm

I guess you will have sussed out the tax implications of earning monies in NZ as a non-resident?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:57 am
Just Joined

thanks happynz
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

thanks Bev, it seems a really good gallery, I'll try to find out more.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

and thanks Bo - I have got to sus out the tax question yet though.