Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our container is coming!!!

Our container is coming!!!

Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Our container is coming!!!

So pleased to hear that you'll have your things at last!
Have a great day Thursday, unpacking and sorting it all out!!
Unpacking karma sent
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone - the only glitch is that I'm at work on the day the container arrives which will leave Danny in charge. Being the control freak that I am I can feel another list coming on that Danny won't read (as usual).

Dirk - only $146!!!! We're happy with that as we didn't clean anything
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Thanks everyone - the only glitch is that I'm at work on the day the container arrives which will leave Danny in charge. Being the control freak that I am I can feel another list coming on that Danny won't read (as usual).

thats a brave move Donna,
have fun being reunited with all your stuff xx
Old May 1st 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Is that related to gold price or NZD:GBP price movements, per chance?
Carmen, am I gonna have to come down there and spank you? Cheeky!!!

Dave
Old May 1st 2007, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Sort him out Donna!!!

Dave
Old May 1st 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paladin
Sort him out Donna!!!

Dave
I'll wait until you get here and you can help me
Great news about July - how did that happen?
Old May 1st 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll wait until you get here and you can help me
Great news about July - how did that happen?
Although we are currently selling the house I own that my mother lives in, Clare & I sold our house a while ago and have been in rented awaiting moving to NZ. The same day we got the offer on mum's house our landlord told us he's selling up and gave us notice to be out of our house July 20th!!

So we figured whats the point of dossing around in the UK for 3 months in a holiday let and we can't bum off relatives for that long, so we'll just come early. Then when we realised that by coming early, our recent recce trip then counts towards our 3 year PR qualification period for sponsoring mum and towards our 5 yr PR citizenship requirement because we won't have been out of NZ for 6 months, that settled it!!

I'm damn excited BUT its all damn scary now - the finality of it all! Sure you KNOW what that feels like!

The only negative is that Clare has the final part of her course in the UK to finish in early September so she will have to fly back for that. Not ideal BUT getting that time from Jan 31st to when we re-enter NZ counting towards the two things mentioned is a big bonus. It also means mum will only have to do one 9 month stint outside NZ before we are eligible to sponsor her PR.

Dave

Last edited by Paladin; May 1st 2007 at 2:32 pm.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:24 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Having packed our boxes on November the 27th and having not seen any of our things for over 5 months, despite having been in NZ since January we got the long awaited phone call that the man from MAF he say yes - we can have our belongings back . Our container is being delivered on Wednesday - we will have beds and winter clothes, the kids will get their Christmas pressies, we can have different CDs for the car - no more Oasis. My washing machine - strange what you miss. Books to read, photos to cry over, pictures to hang - where will everything go???What was in those 100 boxes????
We've got used to the minimilist (sp) look, maybe we will just store everything in the garage - except the beds
Thank you to all the lovely expats who have helped us out - the end is in sight- we will start returning your belongings soon, I promise.
We can arrange the house warming now!!!
Hi Donna,

Our container arrives today too - only 5 weeks from when it left our house back in the UK! This has its down side too in that we haven't found anywhere to buy and it can't be delivered to our rental as it wouldn't get in the drive or have enough space in the garage! Mind you I don't know whether MAF will be swarming around it or not?! We'll have to pay storage and get on with finding a house! Nearly put an offer in on one on Monday only to read buildings report and chat with builder friend to find it was a highly probable leaky building, if not now then possibly in the future. Valuable lesson learned thankfully!

At least we have the rental until mid-June!

Glad to hear you're all ok and happy! Us too, but don't tell anyone!
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Donna,

Our container arrives today too - only 5 weeks from when it left our house back in the UK! This has its down side too in that we haven't found anywhere to buy and it can't be delivered to our rental as it wouldn't get in the drive or have enough space in the garage! Mind you I don't know whether MAF will be swarming around it or not?! We'll have to pay storage and get on with finding a house! Nearly put an offer in on one on Monday only to read buildings report and chat with builder friend to find it was a highly probable leaky building, if not now then possibly in the future. Valuable lesson learned thankfully!

So there you are, Am Loolah - you can always put in an offer on a house, conditional on due diligence/builders report/ LIM - Land Information Memorandum - don't listen to any real estate agents that try to persuade you that you don't need these things - PM me if you need help!
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Donna,

whey hey, welcome to the (soon to be) perpetual unpacking in NZ Club, I have a jacket going spare in the Rumpus with our Motto "why do it today when you can live with the boxes tomorrow?" on the breast.......
One thing to remember is to keep your Insurers in the loop on the storage, we negotiated via the nice folks at Letton Percival (insurance brokers extroidinaire) to get a 2 week extension on the policy free, gratis and for nothing (and given your expedited shipping route you could get more hun). Good luck to all you unpackers......
luv, LL
Old May 4th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna,

Hope all went well with the arrival of your prized possessions. I bet it really feels like home now. And the kids will have clothes - different stuff, I bet their faces were a picture.
Will be giving your mam a ring.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline,
Glad to hear your container has arrived and you are settling in.
Old May 4th 2007, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi donna

happy unpacking, i bet you all have huge smiles on your faces.

i bet there is loads of stuff that you totally forgot you had, we are unsure what to do with all our belongings i think that most of them are going to get sold and we are starting again. new start and new belongings. the only thing i would like to take are some pictures and photos. i think that when we sell our house we are going to include the electricals like the washer, fridge, plasma tv and also the lcd in the bedroom.

have a good weekend

kirstie
Old May 4th 2007, 11:19 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi donna

happy unpacking, i bet you all have huge smiles on your faces.

i bet there is loads of stuff that you totally forgot you had, we are unsure what to do with all our belongings i think that most of them are going to get sold and we are starting again. new start and new belongings. the only thing i would like to take are some pictures and photos. i think that when we sell our house we are going to include the electricals like the washer, fridge, plasma tv and also the lcd in the bedroom.

have a good weekend

kirstie
We took a middle path: got rid of about half but took most of the electricals. Our beds were sold (cheap and replaceable anyway), our living room/dining room furniture went too. We wanted new stuff for our new life, furniture that would fit and suit the type of house here. I'm glad we did as our quite modern UK stuff just would'nt have suited the house we have now bought.
Old May 4th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Someone tell me why I brought so many lamps please???Everytime we empty a box another one takes it's place, the garage is getting fuller and fuller!!!We've also had a few breakages, the only major problem being that some of the parts of middle son's bed are missing! That means we will have to pretty much unpack verything to try to find missing parts!
How are you Fairy Lady? Glad to here you all arrived safely - you've been very quiet though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.