Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our container is coming!!!

Our container is coming!!!

Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Our container is coming!!!

Having packed our boxes on November the 27th and having not seen any of our things for over 5 months, despite having been in NZ since January we got the long awaited phone call that the man from MAF he say yes - we can have our belongings back . Our container is being delivered on Wednesday - we will have beds and winter clothes, the kids will get their Christmas pressies, we can have different CDs for the car - no more Oasis. My washing machine - strange what you miss. Books to read, photos to cry over, pictures to hang - where will everything go???What was in those 100 boxes????
We've got used to the minimilist (sp) look, maybe we will just store everything in the garage - except the beds
Thank you to all the lovely expats who have helped us out - the end is in sight- we will start returning your belongings soon, I promise.
We can arrange the house warming now!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our container is coming!!!

OMG.... thats been ages!!!

That will be great fun opening all your boxes.... like Christmas!

Now you have to find a home for everything in your house.... we still have boxes stacked up in several rooms.... cant find a home for it all.

Have fun anyway!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

So what did it cost to get your stuff back ???

Anyway excellent stuff, finally your house will look full of stuff and it won't look like you have been squatting there for the last few months.

Dirk

Oh crap, does that mean MORE Pink Floyd ??
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donnaf View Post
Having packed our boxes on November the 27th and having not seen any of our things for over 5 months, despite having been in NZ since January we got the long awaited phone call that the man from MAF he say yes - we can have our belongings back . Our container is being delivered on Wednesday - we will have beds and winter clothes, the kids will get their Christmas pressies, we can have different CDs for the car - no more Oasis. My washing machine - strange what you miss. Books to read, photos to cry over, pictures to hang - where will everything go???What was in those 100 boxes????
We've got used to the minimilist (sp) look, maybe we will just store everything in the garage - except the beds
Thank you to all the lovely expats who have helped us out - the end is in sight- we will start returning your belongings soon, I promise.
Welcome to the world of " did I really pay to ship this to the other side of the world and.... paid for insurance to boot!"
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky View Post
Welcome to the world of " did I really pay to ship this to the other side of the world and.... paid for insurance to boot!"
hope that's what you're thinking rather than "I wish I had more insurance" or "how do I claim for that??"
Good luck, we found sorting the stuff from the container out to be the hardest part of moving in - haven't got places for about 20 boxes as yet!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
hope that's what you're thinking rather than "I wish I had more insurance" or "how do I claim for that??"
Good luck, we found sorting the stuff from the container out to be the hardest part of moving in - haven't got places for about 20 boxes as yet!!!!
Britannia moved our stuff and we were blessed that the only damage in a 40ft container was one saucer - I was thinking about the sentimental tat that I couldn't ditch in the UK and paid to ship and insure - should have been more ruthless in the clear-out! Spent ages chucking it in the skip, getting it out of the skip, chucking it back in the skip, putting it into the container.... unpacking it in NZ ... what did I ship this for? On the other hand, there were loads of little, insignificant things that brought great comfort, miles from "home" in a strange land... The difficulty is to know what will bring comfort and what will make you feel a fool for shipping it to the other side of the world!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:50 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have waited for ever for it! I thought ours took ages but it didn't leave Britain until well after we did and was still here in time for Xmas. Must have been about 6 weeks at the most and that was groupage. It was great unpacking, I had tears in my eyes as I unearthed my favorite childhood photo of my grown sons. Hope it doesn't make you too sad but I think the pleasure at having your possessions about you will outweigh any sadness. Happy unpacking
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
You seem to have waited for ever for it! I thought ours took ages but it didn't leave Britain until well after we did and was still here in time for Xmas. Must have been about 6 weeks at the most and that was groupage. It was great unpacking, I had tears in my eyes as I unearthed my favorite childhood photo of my grown sons. Hope it doesn't make you too sad but I think the pleasure at having your possessions about you will outweigh any sadness. Happy unpacking
Happy unpacking from me too
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Happy unpacking from me too
Good grief, we sound like the two Ronnies
Or is that the two Pommies?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Good grief, we sound like the two Ronnies
Or is that the two Pommies?
So, which one are you
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

So, which one are you
I'll get in there first.... I'll be the short one
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:10 am
conquering the world!

I'll get in there first.... I'll be the short one
That leaves me with the fantastic choice of being the fat one.....but he was funnier so that will do for me
And it will do for him
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

That leaves me with the fantastic choice of being the fat one.....but he was funnier so that will do for me
And it will do for him
so, it's good night from him and...
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Fantastic news Donna!!! Finally! LOL!

Have fun with the unpacking!

I suppose even though we now may be arriving in NZ 3 months EARLIER than originally planned, ie July 25th ish instead of October 25th(WOOHOO!!!), we're gonna miss the big house warming party - bummer!! Oh well have a few bevvies for us!!

Cya soon!

Dave
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:04 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Fantastic news Donna!!! Finally! LOL!

Have fun with the unpacking!

I suppose even though we now may be arriving in NZ 3 months EARLIER than originally planned, ie July 25th ish instead of October 25th(WOOHOO!!!), we're gonna miss the big house warming party - bummer!! Oh well have a few bevvies for us!!

Cya soon!

Dave
Is that related to gold price or NZD:GBP price movements, per chance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.