Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Opunake/Manaia Area, South Taranaki

Opunake/Manaia Area, South Taranaki

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:29 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Opunake/Manaia Area, South Taranaki

Hi,

Has anybody got any views on the area good or bad?

Niki
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Opunake/Manaia Area, South Taranaki

Hi,

Opunake is a nice place but Manaia is probably not a place you will want to settle in or to have your first house.

Why don't you come to New Plymouth - offically the best small city in the world!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hey Jo/Chris.... I totally agree it is the best place to live all the good poms move to New Plymouth lol ......and there's plenty of us here xxxx

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi,

Opunake is a nice place but Manaia is probably not a place you will want to settle in or to have your first house.

Why don't you come to New Plymouth - offically the best small city in the world!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:01 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi,

We have relatives in New Plymouth but the job I have applied for is in Opunake - i probably think that New Plymouth would be too far to travel every day - but I must admit I am tempted with new Plymouth - but then agian I need to get the job first.

What do you think about the travel time? - too far? or not!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Opunake/Manaia Area, South Taranaki

"Opunake boasts the best beach in the westland, Where the mountain meets the sea"

Opunake is a beautiful part of Taranaki it's not that far for the odd shopping trip, they have superb beach there and the carnivals are fabs... I would personally say it takes a good 45 mins to travel from NP...

I have a friend that works for Yarrows in Manaia, and they live here in NP but an hours drive a day with minimal traffic, through stunning countryside far outways an hours drive down crammed motorways anyday...

Hope it's good news on the job front!!!!

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
We have relatives in New Plymouth but the job I have applied for is in Opunake - i probably think that New Plymouth would be too far to travel every day - but I must admit I am tempted with new Plymouth - but then agian I need to get the job first.

What do you think about the travel time? - too far? or not!