Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Open home for newbies, chch

Open home for newbies, chch

Old Dec 25th 2006, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open home for newbies, chch

Hi there
seems to be a few peeps arriving in chch over the next short while.

We're here in chch (in Halswell) and happy to host a bit of an open home by way of a meet/greet, catch up, get to know you kinda thing.

if you're interested let us know

Happy Xmas and may 2007 be good to you!

Vicki and Lee
Old Dec 25th 2006, 5:22 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Open home for newbies, chch

awww thats really decent of you guys. I am not travelling to NZ, but will be sending you karma for being really nice people

kate. xx
Old Dec 25th 2006, 10:10 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi there

We're here in chch (in Halswell) and happy to host a bit of an open home by way of a meet/greet, catch up, get to know you kinda thing.

Vicki and Lee
Well guys, that is a flippin' great offer, and one myself and Toni would love to take you up on. We'll be arriving on the 18th of Jan, and have empty diaries apart from 'buy food, buy drink, buy car, get out exploring'. I was going to offer the same myself, but am not one to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth . Will add to this thread nearer the time. We very much look forward to meeting you, and any other CC peeps that come along.

Cheers , and Happy Christmas ,

Wiz'nTon
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi there

Vicki and Lee
Hi Guys
Thanks what a great offer. We are arriving 14/01/07 and would like to get to know people . It would be great to get the low down on CHC from people who live there.
Cheers
Martin & Donna, plus 2 kids
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Vicki and Lee
Karma sent for your kindness.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely idea Joshlin...(lots of lovely mod karma coming your way...)

I've made the thread a sticky for you for a while just so that everyone gets a chance to see it...looks like you might be having a houseful shortly!!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

toria is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, what a nice offer!

We have just arrived in Christurch and are up for any social activites! We are currently staying with an uncle in Redwood so can't offer an open house until we are in our own rental (not too long hopefully!).

We have 2 boys, aged 3 1/2 yrs and 7 months old and have moved over here from Hertford, UK.

Look forward to hearing from you re a meet up and if anyone else fancies meeting me for a coffee in the park over the next week or so (am loving Hagley Park paddling pool at the moment - it wears the kids out so they sleep all night!), then let me know..........would love to meet up.

Vicki.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:05 am
Just Joined

mickg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

we are seriously thinking about moving to NZ, and like the sound of Christchurch, in particular Rangiora. Can anyone help me with a few questions before we take the plunge!!!

1) Should I secure a job before I arrive, or come out on a visitor visa?
2) What are your thoughts on living in Chch, in particular Rangiora?
3) My wife runs pre-school music groups, nursery rhymes, puppets etc, do you think there would be a demand for this in NZ?

Loads of other questions, but that will do for starters?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mickg - I moved your question to a new thread so that it gets the attention and responses that you'll find more helpful. hope you don't mind - oh and welcome to the forum
you could pm Bookemjano, she lives in Rangiora.
Vicki
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Lynne & Garry Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Open home for newbies, chch

Originally Posted by mickg
Hi There,

we are seriously thinking about moving to NZ, and like the sound of Christchurch, in particular Rangiora. Can anyone help me with a few questions before we take the plunge!!!

1) Should I secure a job before I arrive, or come out on a visitor visa?
2) What are your thoughts on living in Chch, in particular Rangiora?
3) My wife runs pre-school music groups, nursery rhymes, puppets etc, do you think there would be a demand for this in NZ?

Loads of other questions, but that will do for starters?
Hello, Just read your message. We are taking the risk and arriving on VV. Once we have sold our house. Everything hinges on a job offer, of which we cannot apply for as we do not have the work permit, cannot get that without job offer. (catch 22 situation!!) We spoke to Immigration when we attended the Expo in October, they said alot of people arrive on vv. Which is ok, as once you have spoken to prospective employers providing they have gone through the correct procedures whilst advertising the position and exhausted all avenues to fill the position with a resident, and if you meet the criteria for the job a work permit can be applied for once in NZ. Takes a couple of weeks from that end apparently, then you can apply for the extension to the VV, whilst submitting all relevant paperwork for the EOI.
Anyone else reading who may already be over in NZ and followed same route, may be able to offer more info on the above to you and us.
Happy New Year,
Lynne & Gaz.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:13 am
back in NZ and lovin it

kerryp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toria
Wow, what a nice offer!

We have just arrived in Christurch and are up for any social activites! We are currently staying with an uncle in Redwood so can't offer an open house until we are in our own rental (not too long hopefully!).

We have 2 boys, aged 3 1/2 yrs and 7 months old and have moved over here from Hertford, UK.

Look forward to hearing from you re a meet up and if anyone else fancies meeting me for a coffee in the park over the next week or so (am loving Hagley Park paddling pool at the moment - it wears the kids out so they sleep all night!), then let me know..........would love to meet up.

Vicki.
Hi Vicki, would love to meet up in the Park - I have a 18 month old boy.
Kerry
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Okey doke then - date for your diaries - 3rd Feb (give you guys arriving some time to recover and find your feet) at our place (will pm details to you individually), say about 3.30pm. hopefully weather will treat us to a BBQ, otherwise I'll put hubby in the garden with a brolly!
we have 2 kids, age 4 and 2 so plenty of toys for littlies - come and meet, eat and hopefully enjoy.
Vicki
Old Jan 10th 2007, 10:36 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Okey doke then - date for your diaries - 3rd Feb (give you guys arriving some time to recover and find your feet) at our place (will pm details to you individually), say about 3.30pm. hopefully weather will treat us to a BBQ, otherwise I'll put hubby in the garden with a brolly!
we have 2 kids, age 4 and 2 so plenty of toys for littlies - come and meet, eat and hopefully enjoy.
Vicki
Ha! That's only me blimmin' bufday, innit?! Fantastic stuff - I've just had an 'Early' bithday come leaving do here, and I get to be part of a party over there!

Brilliant!

Vicki and family,you are all stars.

Thank you, you've made my day

Wiz
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:01 am
back in NZ and lovin it

kerryp is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry can't make the 3rd feb - we have my cousin and her fella coming for a couple of weeks but would love to meet up some other time. Have an 18 month old who needs some child interaction I think. I could come over to Halswel some other time so let me know.