Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OMG!!! Here only 6 days & we've bought a house!!

OMG!!! Here only 6 days & we've bought a house!!

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG!!! Here only 6 days & we've bought a house!!

Fab place - and I hear Khandallah is one of the nicest bits of Welly to live in. Congrats
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Looks nice. Did you get a survey on it and did you confirm that it has a Code of Compliance Certificate and all works have been fully permitted?

Burt
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:29 pm
Confuzzled

Unfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura about

Wow. Congratulations. That house looks amazing and the views are stunning! I hope you are all very happy there.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:01 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Looks nice. Did you get a survey on it and did you confirm that it has a Code of Compliance Certificate and all works have been fully permitted?

Burt
The last two houses we sold here the kiwis never bothered with surveys, they're a bit more willing to take the risk and so are the banks it seems
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:48 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Well done We bought ours after 5 days That's a lovely house and the bathroom...... OMG it's just beautiful - I love those tiles
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny
Unbelievable. This is all down to Jules - I am far too risk averse to want to buy a house so quickly after landing... however...

Jules saw the house on the net before we arrived and wanted to see it as we had already found a school near by that we got the three eldest kids into. The property had an open house on Sunday so we went along and discovered it was a tender that had to be submitted 4pm today. Jules went to see it again yesterday and decided it was the house for us.

Needs a bit of work, and needs a bit of money spent, so we put in what we thought was a reasonable tender, but quite a bit under the 'guide' price suggested by the realtor. To be honest we weren't holding out much hope... but hoped that our flexibility on settlement date might add some sway.

But we have just received confirmation that we have actually been successful. Can't believe it. Really.... can't believe it.

I know I am going to have to do a bit of DIY over the next couple of years, but am really happy.

In case anyone is interested... THIS IS OUR HOUSE
Wow - that is a nice place - congrats to you - do let us know when the house warming is on
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:06 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Unbelievable. This is all down to Jules - I am far too risk averse to want to buy a house so quickly after landing... however...

Jules saw the house on the net before we arrived and wanted to see it as we had already found a school near by that we got the three eldest kids into. The property had an open house on Sunday so we went along and discovered it was a tender that had to be submitted 4pm today. Jules went to see it again yesterday and decided it was the house for us.

Needs a bit of work, and needs a bit of money spent, so we put in what we thought was a reasonable tender, but quite a bit under the 'guide' price suggested by the realtor. To be honest we weren't holding out much hope... but hoped that our flexibility on settlement date might add some sway.

But we have just received confirmation that we have actually been successful. Can't believe it. Really.... can't believe it.

I know I am going to have to do a bit of DIY over the next couple of years, but am really happy.

In case anyone is interested... THIS IS OUR HOUSE
Woozer....that's just lovely!!!

I agree with the others...doesn't look like it needs much work doing on it at all.

wishing you all the very best of fortune in your new abode!!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

What a fabulous house. You could fit mine into it and it wouldn't even get noticed!
Hope you and your family have many happy years there.
Well done Jules, excellent taste
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:36 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Your house is stunning with amazing views we can all dream of. Well-done to you.

Marika
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Your house is stunning with amazing views we can all dream of. Well-done to you.

Marika
Beat you!! We did it in 4 days!!! What an incredible place!!!!!!! . We are happy with our place but what you have was our dream, sea views etc..alas we could never afford a place like that let alone afford to live in Wellington..still Palmy's not that bad a place to be 'stuck'!!!! Can see why you made your mind up so quick..I would have too..If I'd had the fiscal wherewithall!! Good luck to you!!!!!!!!

I think your house is very much like the reproduction spheres of our canine friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:09 am
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Genesis
Beat you!! We did it in 4 days!!!

I think your house is very much like the reproduction spheres of our canine friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 days??? Gosh, i don't why we bothered hanging around now...

Thankks very much, we think it's the dog's preverbials too....
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

4 days??? Gosh, i don't why we bothered hanging around now...

Thanks very much, we think it's the dog's preverbials too....
You did didn't you...very slovenly...6 days indeed!!! However you have beaten us hands down on the kids front. We have just 3!!! They were all 4yrs and under when we got here 2 years ago. Felix is 6 now and the twins 'Isabelle and Elise are 4. They/we adore NZ..its like dream come true..apart from the house!!!!! Mind you for what we had moneywise we are very happy with our little slice of Palmy. Would you like to come up one day? Its a lovely 2 hour drive. There is quite a lot to do here and Kate and I are quite into cooking. Kate does amazing home made pizzas from scratch. When you are settled why not come up? Kate's a nurse and I am retired PC Plod. I am what is known as a 'house bitch'!!!! What does Mr D and yersen do? Isn't NZ wonderous..and Wellington is truly exotic?? A bit like a mini Rio without the ladyboys, aye???!!!!!

Look forward to meeting y'all one day!!

Dom and Kate.