Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OMG!!! The day has finaly arrived!

OMG!!! The day has finaly arrived!

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:32 am
Just Joined

WestcountryGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG!!! The day has finaly arrived!

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Well this is it! We leave the joy that is Glasgow airport today on our quest for bigger and better!! Cant quite believe its all came together after all the many many months of planning!

So, by Thursday night (UK time) we will be sitting with glass in hand, starting our new life!!

Will remain a life long expats user though!
Would like to say thanks to all of you guys on here, this place has made life so much easier in the run up to our move, all the advice, information and laughs was much needed!

Claire
Good luck. I hope all goes well for you. Stay in touch with the forum once you get settled. Whilst I find the Kiwis friendly, chatty and helpful, I don't find that they actually make an effort to befriend you (ie invite you to their house). I'm a bit older than you probably so I haven't got the opportunity of meeting other mums at the school gates which was always a really good way to get to know other people when we moved around in the UK. After three years, I still find myself without a circle of friends. You'll need to be self reliant for a while - that was all I was trying to say. New Zealand is a fantastic place to live and I haven't regretted my decision to emmigrate for one single second. I love it here!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WestcountryGirl
Good luck. I hope all goes well for you. Stay in touch with the forum once you get settled. Whilst I find the Kiwis friendly, chatty and helpful, I don't find that they actually make an effort to befriend you (ie invite you to their house). I'm a bit older than you probably so I haven't got the opportunity of meeting other mums at the school gates which was always a really good way to get to know other people when we moved around in the UK. After three years, I still find myself without a circle of friends. You'll need to be self reliant for a while - that was all I was trying to say. New Zealand is a fantastic place to live and I haven't regretted my decision to emmigrate for one single second. I love it here!
Forgot to ask - where are you headed for? Did you say, Tauranga?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:18 am
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by WestcountryGirl
Forgot to ask - where are you headed for? Did you say, Tauranga?
Sorry for such a huge delay in reply It took ages to get www friendly again then...well.... I was just a bit of a slacker really!

We have moved to Whangarei (Northland). So far things have all gone well nursey wise, friendly staff, supportive etc However they are a bit behind the times with some things (Drug kardex is particularly Flo Nightingale like!! ) but getting onto it PDRP wise which is reassuring.

On the down side (theres a few issues, we never manage get things served to us on a plate unfortunatly), my OH hasnt managed to get a job yet having a mild panic!! Think we may have to move in six months time.

Where are you based?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Sorry for such a huge delay in reply It took ages to get www friendly again then...well.... I was just a bit of a slacker really!

We have moved to Whangarei (Northland). So far things have all gone well nursey wise, friendly staff, supportive etc However they are a bit behind the times with some things (Drug kardex is particularly Flo Nightingale like!! ) but getting onto it PDRP wise which is reassuring.

On the down side (theres a few issues, we never manage get things served to us on a plate unfortunatly), my OH hasnt managed to get a job yet having a mild panic!! Think we may have to move in six months time.

Where are you based?
We're in Tauranga.