OMG

Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of
Default OMG

Hi folks

OMG!! Hubby has been offered the job out there that he applied for!!
Now all we need to do is sell our house, get all the forms filled in....

How long after filling in EOI does it all take? They've asked if he can be there within 6 months, is it possible?

He's 46, I'm 42, and the kids are 10 and 7. We're all in good health (as far as we know) and we've no criminal records.

All I can say is

Cheers for any advice!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:08 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Hi folks

How long after filling in EOI does it all take? They've asked if he can be there within 6 months, is it possible?

He's 46, I'm 42, and the kids are 10 and 7. We're all in good health (as far as we know) and we've no criminal records.

All I can say is

Cheers for any advice!!
If you pass all the criteria they will def grant you a visa in time to start your job. Just get cracking on medicals, police checks etc.
Good luck
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:41 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

New Scotland Yard is currently taking about 36 days to turn around a police check request, so not long. Medicals will take less time than that. Concentrate on getting the house sold first. Maybe it might be wise to get work visas first, which are much faster to get, then pop the EOI in after that.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

If you have over 140 points you should automatically be picked from the pool. If you have less than 140 but more than 100 and you have a job offer you will have a good chance as well.

Assuming you are picked from the pool an Invitation to Apply (ITA) will be sent to you. It is basically the same as your EOI, but you will be asked to provide evidence to back up your claims that you have made. As stated above you will need to get going on getting those police clearances (they will ave a shelf life of six months) and also book in for the medicals and x-rays (shelf life of three months, so timing is a consideration). You also my need New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) to certify your educational claims. They allegedly take forty days, but that sometimes isn't the case (they sometimes take longer).

Upon issuance of the ITA you have four months to gather your paperwork and to submit. If all is in order you will be accepted and after payment of migrant levies the resident visas will be in your passports. On arrival in New Zealand you will be given a resident permit stamped in your passport stating that you have the right to remain in New Zealand indefinitely.

So, you've got six months. Get crackin'!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Hi folks

All I can say is

Cheers for any advice!!
hiya! we applied for a job 'just to see if we'd get one' in february and OH was here in May!! came on a work visa whilst the residency was being processed. i followed him out in june and residency came thru in august!! where you going to live?? my kids are 14, 12 and 6 and love it! good luck
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

All I can say is

Cheers for any advice!!
You should be fine-and congratulations!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Congratulations!!!

Just get your house on the market ASAP!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Hiya

Thanks for the replies. The job is in Wellington, so we'll live somewhere round there.
As for the house, I've had the builders in this week doing some work, so I'll have to decorate before we can get the house on the market:curse:
We're also going on holiday to Greece tomorrow so it's a bit mad around here at the moment
If I don't get back on site before we go away, have a good fortnight.