Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI - YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

EOI - YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Default EOI - YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Congratulations.

We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been successful.

You will shortly receive a letter inviting you to lodge an Application for Residence. The letter will contain information to help you complete your Application for Residence.

Please ensure that your Expression of Interest holds your most current mailing address details so you may receive our letter at the earliest.

Wow, we're excited again now, that was a long 5 weeks waiting for that to go through!!! Is it police checks and medicals now? Is there anything else we should be doing whilst we wait for the letter??

Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all
Default Re: EOI - YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Superb,you must be ecstatic.Well done.
By the way do you have a job offer?How many points did you have?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

I've got a job offer yeah, RNZAF start in Feb '08

Did a joint application with my wife and we had 115 points.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you! You can really start planning now. Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:33 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by richyandkat
! Is it police checks and medicals now? Is there anything else we should be doing whilst we wait for the letter??
First of all, congratulations on your selection.
Yes, do get the police clearances sorted as well as get your medical checks done. Also have your documents sorted concerning your work history and educational qualifications NZQA'ed if it is necessary. Other than that, sweet as.

Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys
Congratulations, it is full steam ahead now, would get police checks, and look on the panel for doctors. We used one in Oxford Mr Armstrong, he did it all in one day, even raf tests that they require. Your time will fly by now, we go in 9 weeks and it seems like yesterday that we got the job offer from the RNZAF, were are you going??

Good luck with you application if you need any help just yell

Love

Annxx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ann

We're off to Auckland. where are you going? We'd had originally been offered a place at Ohakea but that started in Oct '07 and I wanted to stay in the RAF past Jan '08 as that was my 12 year point. RNZAF were brilliant and just changed my joining date but that also affected my posting.

Richy
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Richy

We are going to Auckland in Oct 07, Dean (hubbie) has done the same, we could have gone last oct, but Deans 12 year point was April this year, so we have waited. He has finished work, he finished in June, bit gutted about the gratuity, we have just found out that you get taxed 20% on it so loose quite a bit but hey cant do anything about it now. We have the removal company coming next week to see how much we have, sending furniture 6 weeks before we go to NZ and then obviously 2 weeks in hotel so 8 weeks in total.

Good luck with all the paperwork

Annxx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

You got taxed on the lump sum your hubby got when he left at 12 years??? I thought that was tax free? I'm gutted now! :curse: Typical RAF! Are you getting a quarter when you get there or going to buy somewhere? Think we'll get a quarter to start with and see if we can afford anywhere!! What job is your hub doing when he gets there? I'm a rigger (airframes) but don't know where i'll be working yet, just know it's Auckland. I've had to take a drop in rank too, Did your hub?

Richy
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Richy

We are moving into a quarter, not sure if we can afford a houseDean is an Avionics Technician he will be working in whenupai, he also was able to keep his rank of cpl. The hotel that you stay in in Nz for 2 weeks is lovely, have you had a look at it. If not if you pm me your email address i will forward it to you. Any questions you have please feel free to ask, we have friends who went out last october and it has been great to fire loads of questions at them.

Ann
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I've sent you our email.

So are you looking forward to it then, silly question i know! We are but we are worried about the money (isn't everyone)! Are you? Do you know where or how much your quarter is going to be out there? How are your friends finding it out there. I've prob got so many questions i'll ask you now i'll do your head in! but i'll try not to!

Richy
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Have emailed you with the address, look great, just what you need after a 24 hour flight with 2 children. Yes very worried about the money because i dont think that the credit card will be cleared before we get out there, but i keep telling myself that there is more to life than money. The quarters are nice and very cheap, cant remember how much but not a lot, friends are loving it out there and wont come back to the uk. I am busy getting the last minute things to take over there, list is never ending. We are moving from our quarter 3 weeks after the container goes and are going to live in the welfare house on camp for 6 weeks, not ideal but hopefully time will fly by.

Ann
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Way Hay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing on your own thread!! The RAF/RNZAF.. one is much better!!
Anyway.......... congrats and good luck!! Hope it all goes well.
We came here 3 weeks ago!!!! All good so far!! PM me if you want any info Debborah.x
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Congratulations! Hope everything goes smoothly!!!