Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Olympic's who are you cheering for?

Olympic's who are you cheering for?

Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic's who are you cheering for?

First gold for GB tonight with Helen Glover and Heather Stanning winning the pairs rowing. A couple more good prospects overnight too.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

I cheer for GB and for NZ and anyone else that takes my fancy. Quite often it's the obvious underdog, such as the Nigerian rower. To me, that is what the Games are about - the ability to come together, regardless of race/religion
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

[/Resume moaning] I haven't changed my opinion on the 100% Pure Kiwi coverage from Prime.

I have yet to see one event or race that hasn't had a Kiwi in it *yawn*. Once again we forego seeing some of the best athletes in the world in preference of endless repeats of the same old faces.

Bring on the track and field pleeease, I am so over the rowing.

We only got to see the Brits get their first Gold because there was Kiwis beside them. [/Moaning over for today]
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:48 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I have yet to see one event or race that hasn't had a Kiwi in it *yawn*.
They must be broadcasting a different signal in Auckland. I've seen all the rowing finals so far I think. Definately the Men's eight and the Lightweight fours, with no kiwis in them. I've seen all the swimming finals (with hardly a kiwi in sight).
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:59 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-e...-rowing-heroes

Local Picton lad Joseph Sullivan gets gold! Have to admit, I am kind of excited.

Go Marlborough!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:08 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Bo-jangles. Turn on to Prime now. You can watch USA vs France in the Women's archery. A lot of the stuff is broadcast during the day (while you're at work I presume).

Catchafire ... that was an exciting race. Well done to Marlborough. They looked totally out of it with 500 metres to go.

Those Brits in the Women's pair were oarsome too.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Aug 2nd 2012 at 10:12 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 11:35 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

South Korean Ladies in the archery.......
Go on you wonderful weapon weilders
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Well i'm cheering for both despite my utter hatred for the usage of Team before Great Britain.

Thankfully the New Zealand commentators have not mentioned that at all during their commentary on sky.

I was delighted with the rowers getting the gold from what was a fabulous 500m sprint that Redgrave and Pinsent would have been proud of! I was delighted that Chris Hoy got the gold to equal Redgraves 5 olympic golds.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying the Australians world class performance at the games as per usual
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

Team GB giving the Aussies a bit of a thrashing! even if they are sitting down!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:47 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Tom I'm backing both, seems a shame not to
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

and we're simply enjoying any of the coverage that we catch or record. Had to turn off the commentary a few times but we can live with that.

Loved the 3 way shoot off for the women's clay pigeon shooting event. Very exciting.