Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it ok that I'm not British... yet?

Is it ok that I'm not British... yet?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:11 pm
must be a mid-life crisis

cathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nice
Default Re: Is it ok that I'm not British... yet?

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi Cathy,
start a thread to find out who is near you - we also organised a get together for a couple of weeks after we arrived to put names to faces and to meet people.
People are friendly and you'll meet mums at the school too, our school seems to do a lot to bring families together, although I must admit with the exception of a couple of people most of our friends are British Expats!
Beth had a sleepover after being in school about a week and Daniel has been over to friends and has had friends over - I think sleepovers are more a girl thing?
I'm sure you're daughter will come round - is there no chance she could transfer nd complete her course here?
She won't even consider it at the mo. According to her there aren't any hairdressers in NZ and she wouldn't get an apprenticeship there anyway. 16 year old girls have got amazing tunnel vision when it suits them!

At first I think she expected us to forget about going, then the house went up for sale - and sold in 2 days! Now she's permanently got a face like a slapped backside.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

My daughter is 10 - we are dreading the onset of puberty She already thinks she knows it all!!!
Wait until the time gets closer to you going - she may change her mind yet!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:05 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 74NZ
I lived in Wisconsin Dells for 12 months, had an awesome time. Bloody cold winters though
Heh... My hubby got laid off in June 2004 when the place he worked at closed. I "forced" him to go for 3 nights up in the Dells right after that. We stayed at Treasure Island... 30 minutes after we arrived - thankfully at the only indoor water park in Wis Dells - it started pouring down! It continued until 30 minutes (I kid you not) before we left. So we obviously spent most of our pool time in the private hotel pool.

There were people getting bussed in to go to the resort during the day, so obviously they had to go to the public area. So we just stayed in the private area. Unless hubby or I really wanted to go down a slide and we'd all go.

Well worth staying in that particular place though.