Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZQA?!?! - for teaching registration

NZQA?!?! - for teaching registration

Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default NZQA?!?! - for teaching registration

Wow, this immigrating malarky is hard!! A lesson in form filling AND patience...and I haven't done my EOI yet...

Anyways, I have to get my PGCE and degree assessed my NZQA so I can teach over in NZ (primary school). I was hoping for some advice, do I have to list my GCSEs and A levels individually, if at all?
I haven't told my school we are planning to go, so I can't ask for the proof of work experience, what can I do? I have a contract which states my start date and my duties...
There was another question, but I'm having a blonde day and can't remember what it was... I'm sure I'll be back though

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA?!?! - for teaching registration

I can't remember, but I don't think A levels and GCSE's were on the form. You can get a copy of the form online and that will show exactly what they need. I don't recall it being too horrible.

I am pretty certain that the letter confirming service will be needed eventually. I need it for payroll at the moment. Is there no one at work that you could confide in to get a letter?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Thanks Mudblood. I've started with the application form, but abandoned it before I threw my laptop out of the window!
It's the section that says 'secondary school qualifications'.
I would have thought that it would need to be someone in senior managment that would have to write the experience bit....

The rest of it is ok, if a little fiddly....as with all the forms to let you into NZ it seems.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zoexr
Wow, this immigrating malarky is hard!! A lesson in form filling AND patience...and I haven't done my EOI yet...

Anyways, I have to get my PGCE and degree assessed my NZQA so I can teach over in NZ (primary school). I was hoping for some advice, do I have to list my GCSEs and A levels individually, if at all?
I haven't told my school we are planning to go, so I can't ask for the proof of work experience, what can I do? I have a contract which states my start date and my duties...
There was another question, but I'm having a blonde day and can't remember what it was... I'm sure I'll be back though

Thanks
Hi,

We included all our qualifications - O Levels - the lot! It meant we ended up with Subject to confirmation registration to teach in NZ which was great (only 3 moths probation, as opposed to 12 months).

You do need the proof of experience for sure - of at least 2 years at 30 hours or more. I told my boss we were just applying for the visa - it wasn't a dead cert if we were going or not (it wasn't at that point actually!) and that seemed to work. If you have worked in any previous schools, you also need to get a letter from them stating how long you worked there, job responsibilities and hours you worked. This is arduous and some of the heads who signed the letters had never met me - but I guess they have it on file so can do it! It is so important to do this because not only do you need it for your NZQA, you also need it for your PAY assessment! We got our full entitlement as we had everyhting assessed and verified - so saved loads of hassle later!

Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi, regards work experience proof, I contacted the County Council as the school comes under them ultimately. Can't remember which dept. start with payroll and go from there. One letter from them can list all schools you've taught in in the one County. The school don't have to know.
I enclosed all details of O and A level results although I no longer have the certs. Nothing to lose by giving them full details, eh? Good luck
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Thanks Mudblood. I've started with the application form, but abandoned it before I threw my laptop out of the window!
It's the section that says 'secondary school qualifications'.
The rest of it is ok, if a little fiddly....as with all the forms to let you into NZ it seems.

I feel as if I have filled in so many forms, I can't remember what was wanted where! I double checked my NZQA assessment, and O and A levels are not mentioned, so I wrongly presumed they were not needed on the form. Oops!
Forms are something you have to get used to, but remember that every form completed is one that you don't have to fill in again!

And Cadibel is dead right - you are only applying for a visa- and it is not as if you are thinking of leaving because you don't get on with the school, so they shouldn't take it personally, it is just a tad too far to commute, that's all!
good luck, don't throw your laptop just yet - more fun forms to come !