Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Chewing my nails.....

Chewing my nails.....

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Chewing my nails.....

Well, I checked my New Zealand Qualification Assesment status on their website today.....

It says that my reports is in the post.....

I really hope it is all ok. It should be but this is killing me! If my NZQA comes back below Level 5 (BSc Hons Degree, UK) then my plans are in the bin as I would only be able to clain 60 points not the 110 I currently am.....

So so worried and tense right now! I need more wine..... mmm Wine..... hehe

BTW Been meaning to ask. When I go to NZ I am going to spend a few months travelling around before looking for a job if I have the opportunity. I certainly have the money saved up (Taken me years!) so I am hoping to!
One of the things I want to do is go skking in NZ. Don't know which island yet but I was wondering. I used to ski in Switzerland where I just booked into a hotel and hired skiing gear off them. Is there something like that in NZ and if so can somebody throw some place names at me please?

Thanks, Gizzy.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chewing my nails.....

Hi Gizzy

Don't know about the skiing just wanted to say good luck & for ya

Angela x
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the above!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

for you gizmo27

We too have submitted our qualifications but deep down I dont hold much hope for my level We did it anyway cos hey, you never know luck just might be on our side for once

Hope you get the result you want, keep us posted and best of luck
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Hi there, you can hire a complete combo package including clothes at loads of places but to give you an idea of this have a look at www.nzski.com and flick through the options. We've done this at Coronet Peak in Queenstown but the prices work out similar for a days rental as buying a decent second hand pair. Just another thought.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

You can hire stuff on the Whakapapa side in Tongariro National Park for skiing - you can even do just one day although the queues to hire the gear can be long. There is also a ski field on the other side but I haven't been there. There are two hotels in Whakapapa Village the Chateau which I like as a treat and the Skotel. You would need to pre-book both in the season. Can be done over the internet.

Don't travel too much before getting a job - you can holiday within New Zealand once you are here - it is holidaying elsewhere that is tricky because of distance/timings even with money in the bank.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys & Girls.

The wine didn't help much I am sorry to report back

By the by. What experience have people had with NZ Post?

It is apparantly fast-courier through them but it took 48 hours to be looked at after handing in and 24 hours after that scan it is still in transit to a depot?!?

I used DHL (German company I think) to get my stuff to NZ and it was there and signed for in 48 hours (They said 24 until I said it was going to NZ!!!)
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:29 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gizmo27
Thanks Guys & Girls.

The wine didn't help much I am sorry to report back

By the by. What experience have people had with NZ Post?

It is apparantly fast-courier through them but it took 48 hours to be looked at after handing in and 24 hours after that scan it is still in transit to a depot?!?

I used DHL (German company I think) to get my stuff to NZ and it was there and signed for in 48 hours (They said 24 until I said it was going to NZ!!!)
Hope you have heard something by now giz

Tina. x
Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

No. Afraid not

According to the track and trace it arrived at DHL Southampton (Local depot) at 7:29am today so I am hoping that it will arrive this morning.....

:f ingerscrossed:
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

aah, the waiting must be horrible. When did you submit your qualifications, has it taken the full length of time they say it will?

Hope your much awaited letter arrives today and I hope its the level you need
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi don't always accept the level they assess you as if it's not what you hope for. Initially I was assessed at level 6 which was rubbish & with a few key words from my agent hey presto it turned into a level 8 !!

Good luck
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Yipee! It arrived!

I got a Level 7 ~ Which I am chuffed to bits with as my ITA said Level 5 or above!!

I don't mind telling you I was terrified opening the envelope. Now, if only my brother and his proof of residency was so efficent!

Just need that and the signed declaration from my assistant person (Also comming from NZ) and I can send it all off.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations thats great news