Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ will never grow! altered by request to ---> NZ's economy is unlikely to grow

Wikiposts

NZ will never grow! altered by request to ---> NZ's economy is unlikely to grow

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ will never grow!

Originally Posted by simonsi
Yes but Oz is, well full of Aussies
I never said it was paradise

....and NZ is full of New Zealanders
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Grayling

Apparently not.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

MikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really nice

Because NZ is a dull, virtually third world, country
NZ is way way way more interesting than OZ, It has amazing scenery, every hill you turn there is a new landscape. Drive just 1 hour inland from coastal OZ and its bland, arid and desert mostly til you get to the other side which is 4 days later!!
The beaches in NZ are amazing, even better than OZ imo and the sea is the cleanest I've seen.
You can do every outdoor activitiy you can think of, same as OZ.
The Kiwi's have a good 'English' sense of humour.
'Third world' you say, not sure what you mean.
I could go on praising NZ but I dont want to get into a what country is best competition.
I personally have absolutely fallen in love with everything about NZ and for what I want in my life right now it suits me to move there.
As for the UK-I am unfortunately very negative about it so I won't start.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I never said it was paradise

Might pay to spend more time on your research Grayling. Aus is full of Kiwi's, have you not noticed ?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Might pay to spend more time on your research Grayling. Aus is full of Kiwi's, have you not noticed ?
Indeed....but they are the clever ones
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:20 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed....but they are the clever ones
You clearly haven't met by daughter's boyfriend, coming to an episode of Kalgoorlie cops soon no doubt ...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeAlly

Surely, you have to be kidding?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

NZ is way way way more interesting than OZ, It has amazing scenery, every hill you turn there is a new landscape. Drive just 1 hour inland from coastal OZ and its bland, arid and desert mostly til you get to the other side which is 4 days later!!
The beaches in NZ are amazing, even better than OZ imo and the sea is the cleanest I've seen.
I could go on praising NZ but I dont want to get into a what country is best competition.
I personally have absolutely fallen in love with everything about NZ and for what I want in my life right now it suits me to move there.

90% of the time I love it here, the 10% when I throw my teddy out of the pram I'll use the 3rd world comment. For me it's usually born of frustration, mostly when I'm running late in the morning and I have to stop to squeegy every window and leave them all on the latch. If I don't, then I have to de-mould the frames weekly instead of monthly.

I also lose it when I pay $4 for a cucumber and it's gone mouldy but I don't realize until I get home.

I don't cope very well with being damp and cold, so my favourite is telling my husband that even the Romans had central heating lol!!

Then we have a glorious day and I grow up again

Our money issues are because he has completely retrained and so back on entry level wages - and I've gone back to work to support him whilst he does it. Then he'll support me when I go back next year.

With that in mind, money would have been tight which ever country we lived in. I'm much more in love with NZ in the summer months because my house is a plywood box with a brick skin and no insulation.

The agent saw me coming and I thought I was clever for getting a brick/tile house lol. Thankfully, it's just a rental so an expensive mistake averted - see, glass half full again.

Right, off to bed - I'm working in the morning and half my customers are morons. It's difficult enough being civil after a full night sleep!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Go to be!! I thought that too. I think kiwis do have a sense of humour somewhere..but I just don't geddit!!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 6:49 pm
Banned

tweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud of
Smile Re: NZ will never grow!

Originally Posted by nzexpert
whatever ya loosers, im a labourer working in the building industry for 20 years and with my current nz wage i can hardly make living and afford a home, and ya telling me christchurch will bounce back, load of crap mate.. nz loosing more nzers every week so dreaming or feeling sympathy about nz that is your problem!!!! pfft I moved to ozzie last month and going there after getting my damaged flat sold! ya keep the hole to yaselfs ya loosers!!!!

haha that is quite funny and true in parts. You are obviously p***d off with NZ. fair enough, every dog has his day and hope it works out for you in OZZY.
dont p*** off any OZZIES though!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:42 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Highly unlikely.....I would rather return to the UK
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:50 pm

Because NZ is a dull, virtually third world, country
I agree I feel like I'm living in a third world country. I personally can't wait till next year and hopefully move to Oz where there is more going on and people with a better sense of humour
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:52 pm

All the reasons why I want to move
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Omg I second that!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: NZ will grow!

Last week I was in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide...and NZ is just as nice, just not as advanced..............roll on summer way hay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.