Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ van lines......again

NZ van lines......again

Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default NZ van lines......again

Had a very chirpy young lady ring me this morning from NZ Van lines to update me on our stuff and its delivery and then calmly tell me she was sending us an invoice for an extra $1900......

Needless to say she did not get a very chirpy reply.

They want near $800 to unpack the crate into storage and near $300 as MAF inspection fees plus another $700 to store it for two weeks until delivery plus other odds and ends i guess including GST.

They won't be getting anywhere near that............
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ van lines......again

It gets better............

Apparently our crate is at the NZ Van lines depot and was there on the 25th (the day the ship docked) so our 10 free days are being counted from that date with regard to storage.

Strange then that Maersk lines tracking system says that the container is sitting on the dock today (27th) awaiting collection and this is confirmed by the lady at Maersk itself who assures me she will have a date and time of it leaving the port.

Our move co-Ordinator is back on Monday and i would love for him to quote the container having arrived with them on the 25th.........

Last edited by teambwr47; Sep 27th 2007 at 1:21 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
It gets better............

Apparently our crate is at the NZ Van lines depot and was there on the 25th so our 10 free days are being counted from that date with regard to storage.

Strange then that Maersk lines tracking system says that the container is sitting on the dock awaiting collection and this is confirmed by the lady at Maersk itself who assures me she will have a date and time of it leaving the port.

Our move co-Ordinator is back on Monday and i would love for him to quote the container having arrived with them on the 25th.........
Robbing little turds! Sue the bastards!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

As a comedian once said 'theres more, theres more....'

I've told NSVL i want to be there when the MAF inspection is done and MAF said they had no problem with that. The guy at NSVL on monday said yes but today a different employee said....

'Under no circumstances is anyone allowed in the warehouse as its a bonded area'

I replied 'but i was told it would be OK....'

She said....'I can assure you sir that the company runs a very strict policy of not allowing anyone into the warehouse at all other than employees due to security. There is no way a member of the public can enter the MAF/Customs area of the warehouse.

MMMmmmmm...i said......'how then was i stood in the MAF/Customs area on Monday being shown the warehouse, things under inspection at the time and the crates used etc etc?'

Silence for a few seconds followed by 'i suppose what i've just told you sounds like complete rubbish then doesn't it?'

'UH.....yes it does ask Ti.o Tu.... to call me on Monday but make sure you tell him i'm not a happy bunny'.

Interesting days ahead i feel
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:46 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Hi

My gear went via them, they wanted extra money from me and I told them they had better speak to the company I booked it all through in the UK as it is ment to be included and they backed down pretty quickly, I gave them the name and contact details of the person I was dealing with, it sounds a very common complaint.

I was in their bonded warehouse to get my motorbike and I helped them take it out of the crate, and was left alone with everyones elses stuff waiting inspection alone!

Our other container came to our house and the removal men unloaded it and put all the stuff to one side Maf wanted to see and the rest just came into my house MAF came on the Monday after they delivered everything.

Fight them they are at it with you, good luck, oh and do quote your great little tit ar tay with the dumbo about no entry to the bonded warehouse!

Andy