Reload this Page >

heath status - New Zealand

heath status - New Zealand

Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

lilbec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heath status - New Zealand

hi everyone
i have recently submitted my application for residency for NZ. When i log on via online services, i can see under 'what's happening' that my health certificate has been listed as status 'received' and underneath it says 'when your health status has expired NZ immigration will request a new certificate from you'. I can't find an explanation for this on the NZ immi website - does anyone know what this means? Surely I don't have to fork out another £300 for another medical in the near future if/when it expires?
Thanks
Becky
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:34 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: heath status - New Zealand

Originally Posted by lilbec View Post
hi everyone
i have recently submitted my application for residency for NZ. When i log on via online services, i can see under 'what's happening' that my health certificate has been listed as status 'received' and underneath it says 'when your health status has expired NZ immigration will request a new certificate from you'. I can't find an explanation for this on the NZ immi website - does anyone know what this means? Surely I don't have to fork out another £300 for another medical in the near future if/when it expires?
Thanks
Becky

Don't worry Becky, it doesn't happen very often If your application is straightforward, you should have your stamps in your passport before that happens.

As far as I know, the only time it becomes an issue, is if NZIS throw your application back
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww I was hoping it was a thread about vegetation and the bush!
I'll go back under my stone!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

lilbec is an unknown quantity at this point

ooops - will check it better next time!
thanks for the responses
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

ooops - will check it better next time!
thanks for the responses
Never been an issue that I'm aware of. They just have to have a time limit for the certificate because circumstances change,I suppose.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

hi everyone
Thanks
Becky
When our residency was going through, about 2 yrs after our original medical, 18 months after we moved out here, we had to get a letter from our kiwi doctor to say that nothing had changed with our health.

Just the cost of the doctors appt, about $100 for 4 of us..
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

hi everyone
Thanks
Becky
We were in the predicament where we were waiting for documents to comeback from NZ nursing council and our medicals ran out. Immediately prior to this I rang and spoke to our NZ case officer explaining the delay and the nearing expiry date of our medicals and that we would find it hard to raise another £1200 for the 4 of us to have them done. She kindly spoke to her superiors and negotiated and extension of their validity another 2 months.

Regards
Jules