NZ/UK

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ/UK

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Hate to pull you up on that one Col, but the NZ inflation rate currently is very low, just 1% over the past 12 months, the lowest since 1999.
+1 for stato.......yet again the stats "lie like a flat fish"

just cause a world downturn has temporarily put the lid on petrol price increases doesn't stop the price of food, etc going up and making it cost more to live IN THE REAL WORLD (as opposed to some stato-induced bubble)........
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
No honeymoon period for my husband and I. All that happened was that the nightmare of the first 8 months in NZ came to an end.

not everyone's honeymoon wears off ? What level of denial are you actually working to ?
Okay, I surrender. I apologies for my positive-ish post. I will no longer post on BE.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reylan
I was not being patronizing. In actual fact I was trying to help people who are struggling with some of the negative things that happen here in NZ to reflect that things may not be quite so bad. Sorry for any offense caused to anyone. However, not everyone has a honeymoon period and, if they do, not everyone's wears off I assume?
mmmm.........don't be too smug, lots of stuff happens to people over here who think they are totally settled and have pulled off the big move, integration, etc.

I have friends who've seemed fine and given up after 10 years with one partner or other unable to take it any more.

there have been many eras on this board (the NZ one anyway) that show changes in the flavour of posts from "doom and gloom" to "happy clappy" and back again. Bound to happen and in my view the overall attitude on here is not particularly negative to NZ at the moment. Nor overlly positive.

But those who berate one side or other for having that "attitude" are not adding much to the discussion TBH.

As has been said this is a good place to vent a good spot for those who've not lived in NZ to come and put a toe in the information waters. All useful really. Lets maintain that.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

Okay, I surrender. I apologies for my positive-ish post. I will no longer post on BE.
keep posting please, that's not an attack on you but a retort in response to the "aint life great" posting.....

but please don't imply (either directly or otherwise) that someone else is either making it sound too negative or (even worse) is somehow to blame for their failure...

......or even worse don't try and make it all seem fine to you by posting positive stuff to cheer yourself up/justify your move.....well you can if you want to but it won't do you much good.......
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:53 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
but please don't imply (either directly or otherwise) that someone else is either making it sound too negative or (even worse) is somehow to blame for their failure...

......or even worse don't try and make it all seem fine to you by posting positive stuff to cheer yourself up/justify your move.....well you can if you want to but it won't do you much good.......
Are you for real? Has someone made you a moderator? You can tell people not to post things?

You know nothing about the OP, yet you are real quick to make judgements.

Not everyone has a shit life here or a shit attitude.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:01 am
Banned

Dangerwill is an unknown quantity at this point

I am feeling rather glum right now; trying to find somewhere to eat thats nearby that's cheap and healthy.
Loads of places back home but sadly none here :-(
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

MOD IN DA HOUSE!

Now chaps & chapesses let's not get into an argle-bargle .

Everyone is welcome to post here whatever their opinions but let's not resort to personal attacks, name-calling or any sort of nastiness. Life's too short & I have a splitting headache

Keep calm & carry on posting
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:06 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 for stato.......yet again the stats "lie like a flat fish"

just cause a world downturn has temporarily put the lid on petrol price increases doesn't stop the price of food, etc going up and making it cost more to live IN THE REAL WORLD (as opposed to some stato-induced bubble)........
But Lardyl, Col said the following :

prices for EVERYTHING are shooting up at record rates

What better way to see if that is correct by looking at the official inflation figure, which is currently 1%. If the maths aren't the real world, I don't know what is??? From what I can tell, petrol is one of the few things that have increased in price over the last 12 months. I remember a time in the 1980's when inflation was around 15%, interest rates were around 20% and unemployment around 10%. By no means can you say that prices for everything are shooting up to anything like those proportions at the moment. On top of that, the NZ economy was one of the few to have expanded recently. Surely that's a positive thing (at the very least it's a positive trend ... so the economists say anyway). That's not to say individuals and families aren't struggling, because there are a lot that are. I was just arguing against Col's point, because it made it sound as though inflation was rampant, at least it did to me.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

mmmmm

key versus cameron

Celebrity Death Match???
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

In actual fact I was trying to help people who are struggling with some of the negative things that happen here in NZ to reflect that things may not be quite so bad.
Like telling people 'Chin up, it might never happen', always makes people feel so much better when they are having a bad day.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

Sorry Waikato-stato but going back to people with stats doesn't answer much, makes you sound like a politician.
You are right prices are not going up too fast overall but the essentials seem to keep on rising when incomes for those of us on the edge are not rising as much. Hence the owch factor.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by RachelG12
Celebrity Death Match???
lets hope they take each other down......

not that I'd want to go down on either.............
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:01 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
....Life's too short & I have a splitting headache ........
DrL prescribes a long soak and some other stress relief........
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Justcol
Its cold, its wet, its winter, there's misery in the news, moneys tight all around,
prices for EVERYTHING are shooting up at record rates and wages are not following
its hard to paint the smile on every day and pretend its all hunky dorey
swap winter for summer and you could be in bonny ecosse
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Hate to pull you up on that one Col, but the NZ inflation rate currently is very low, just 1% over the past 12 months, the lowest since 1999.
care to explain why my shopping bill and utility costs keep going up then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.