NZ/UK

Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default NZ/UK

I have found this forum really useful over the last few years during our application process and move to NZ.

Lately, I notice there seem to be quite a lot more negative things on here about the state of everything in NZ.

While I agree that NZ is not perfect (nowhere is) try to remember that wherever you came from is probably far from perfect too, that way things may not upset you so much about NZ.

It's not easy, moving to a new country but sometimes it does help to reflect a little and you may not feel so bad or aggrieved.

I'll get off my soapbox now - have a lovely day everyone.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ/UK

Originally Posted by Reylan View Post
I have found this forum really useful over the last few years during our application process and move to NZ.

Lately, I notice there seem to be quite a lot more negative things on here about the state of everything in NZ.

While I agree that NZ is not perfect (nowhere is) try to remember that wherever you came from is probably far from perfect too, that way things may not upset you so much about NZ.

It's not easy, moving to a new country but sometimes it does help to reflect a little and you may not feel so bad or aggrieved.

Please don't be so patronising
Glad you are so happy - enjoy the honeymoon phase, it soon wears off!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:00 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
Don't forget your own advice
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, my thoughts too.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

ohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to all

Whilst something may be negative to you - it may be useful to someone else thinking of making the move. There are many positive stories from people enjoying life here - but they are probably too busy living their dreams to keep posting on here.

Personally I come on this forum to read a lot of the negatives because they, more often than not, come from people that have been here a lot longer than you or I so have some experience on how to deal with things should I need to know.

I've also received lots of messages through the times that I've found particularly difficult. We all have different reasons to be here - don't assume that my life before wasn't perfect...we didn't leave because it was/wasn't.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:20 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that it's winter in NZ & that can make some of us feel rather glum & focus on the negative aspects of life more.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Don't forget that it's winter in NZ & that can make some of us feel rather glum & focus on the negative aspects of life more.
Sun could be shining and the pool at 27 degrees, would not change the fact that I hate getting what I see as ripped off by people in the guise of either govt officials or finance bosses.

Last edited by Genesis; Aug 1st 2012 at 11:40 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:38 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Sun could be shinning and the pool at 27 degrees, would not change the fact that I hate getting what I see as ripped off by people in the guise of either govt officials or finance bosses.
I understand your feeling that & I do too but I can deal with things better on a hot, sunny day.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Could be worse, you could have Cameron in charge ;-)
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

I was not being patronizing. In actual fact I was trying to help people who are struggling with some of the negative things that happen here in NZ to reflect that things may not be quite so bad. Sorry for any offense caused to anyone. However, not everyone has a honeymoon period and, if they do, not everyone's wears off I assume?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:32 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I come on here to vent. It's a good venting space. Please do not remove my venting space. It keeps my blood pressure under control !

My posts ? Read 'em, don't read 'em. Reply/don't reply. It's all the same to me.

I've helped people with specific answers. I've got in or chimed in on other posts.

Yes, I've had the occasional row with other posters but these days, I really can't be bothered working up that much enthusiasm over someone else's naivety. Or arrogance as some sort of wannabe moderator. No, the, 'wannabe moderator' remark was not aimed at the OP or anyone else.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:36 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

However, not everyone has a honeymoon period and, if they do, not everyone's wears off I assume?
No honeymoon period for my husband and I. All that happened was that the nightmare of the first 8 months in NZ came to an end.

not everyone's honeymoon wears off ? What level of denial are you actually working to ?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Its cold, its wet, its winter, there's misery in the news, moneys tight all around,
prices for EVERYTHING are shooting up at record rates and wages are not following
its hard to paint the smile on every day and pretend its all hunky dorey
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:43 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
prices for EVERYTHING are shooting up at record rates and wages are not following
Hate to pull you up on that one Col, but the NZ inflation rate currently is very low, just 1% over the past 12 months, the lowest since 1999.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelG12 View Post
Could be worse, you could have Cameron in charge ;-)
mmmmm

key versus cameron

for once I'd rather have the tories!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.