nz tv

Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nz tv

They show Top Gear!!!

Seriously though, TV is pretty poor, it was vaguely ok before the run of half decent shows ended, now we seem to have nothign but CSI and its various clones and some Police Reality rubbish on...

And the adverts, well when you get adverts for Tractors during prime time you know you are in a rural country

My main advice is don't be ill for any length of time, morning/daytime telly is seriously awful, its mostly informercials for random products...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:36 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
bloody adverts for guide dogs......go Hewitt............
please give me a television licence........I'll pay it.......if you give me decent TV!
no more ruddy adverts..........
I started to appreciate the licence fee in the UK after a spell watching TV in NZ. I think I would miss the free digital even if it is often a load of rubbish. Would probably have to pay for Sky like my parents do there.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
trivial question...but what's the standard of t.v. programmes like in NZ?

Steve
if you look on sky.co.nz you can get an online tv guide for most of the channels.

the main free to air channels are tv one, tv two, tv three and prime, and c4.

i think tv 1 and 2 you need to look at their schedules on their own websites..

the standard is pretty bad
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
if you look on sky.co.nz you can get an online tv guide for most of the channels.

the main free to air channels are tv one, tv two, tv three and prime, and c4.

i think tv 1 and 2 you need to look at their schedules on their own websites..

the standard is pretty bad
The advantage of Sky Plus is that for the few things you might want to watch like say in my case 'House' you can set them to record and then watch when it suits you fastforwarding all the awful adverts. If didn't have Sky would watch nothing whatsoever as I can't stand all the adverts and trailers.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:31 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, the standard is bad. There are the odd good programmes but generally it's pretty poor. I know everyone complains about the BBC and ITV but they are a lot better than what's on offer here.
And the ads! Well they seem to come on every 10 minutes and can really spoil what you're watching. The best way to watch anything is to record it and then fast forward through the ads At least on ITV you would only get one ad break of about 2 minutes in a half hour programme. Here it's not unusual to get 3 or more that last 3 minutes
I would much rather pay a licence fee and have no ads than what we get here.
At least we have Sky so a little more choice though it still seems to be repeats of American or British programmes.

And the thing I find really annoying is when you're watching something made by the BBC that does NOT have an adbreak built in but gets them squeezed in here!

Rant over, off to do some cleaning now
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
My main advice is don't be ill for any length of time, morning/daytime telly is seriously awful, its mostly informercials for random products...

Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by luvwelly
The advantage of Sky Plus is that for the few things you might want to watch like say in my case 'House' you can set them to record and then watch when it suits you fastforwarding all the awful adverts. If didn't have Sky would watch nothing whatsoever as I can't stand all the adverts and trailers.
ads in the middle of movies gets me.. gangs of new york was on the other night and it turned into a 4 hour plus ordeal with add breaks that seemed to get more and more frequent to the end of the movies, which by that stage had passed one o' clock in the morning. the fact that i was watching gangs of new york, despite the ad breaks, at one in the morning, tells you something about the level of choice of programmes i had

and for the love of god, please can somebody tell nztv that having 6 hours of sports coverage that starts at midnight and ends at 6 in the morning, without highlights the following day to show you what happened, is NOT good tv coverage. i shudder to think wat it must cost them to buy the rights to show wimbledon and the french open etc live!

mysky makes tv semi bearable
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14

isn't this a conspiracy betweem the TV channels and major employers/WINZ to reduce sickness rates??

seriously hope so, otherwise there is no hope for us.............
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they do put more adverts towards the end of a film. It drives me crazy, five minutes of film, three minutes of adverts, five minutes of film, three minutes more of the very same adverts..I rarely get to see the end of a film before I get peed off waiting for it to finish.

I miss natural history, wildlife programmes and documentaries. The Sunday program with a mish mash of overseas, investigative documentaries could be good if they let the pieces if bought in film run, without Cameron Bennett interrupting every five minutes to re-cap.

I enjoyed last week's story of the Lion cub from Harrods, however it became so tedious, I would love to have watched the piece of footage without continual and unnecessary interruptions.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

It's known fact in NZ that the ads in films are more frequent towards the end. That's cos we're hooked in by then and won't switch off.
watching the season finale of lost drove be batty on Wednesday. Vowed never to watch it live again :curse:

Prime is good and C4 for comedy.

As for radio...well I like National radio and KiwiFM. Used to like bFM but over that now.
Sometimes listen to talkback just to get a sense of how average new zealand is thinking.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:11 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
trivial question...but what's the standard of t.v. programmes like in NZ?

Steve
Crap...

Oops I said it!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:31 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

We hardly ever watch tv - because of the adverts - but that's not to say we don't watch whatever we want to Other people who've been back recently may be able to back me up on this but when I was in Ireland last year the shows were exactly the same as we have here - they're all hooked on reality and 'talent' shows.

Does anyone have a theory on why 'bad news' stories are so popular now? e.g. I just don't get that. Why, if you were feeling perfectly happy, would you sit down to watch something that makes you depressed????
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
It's known fact in NZ that the ads in films are more frequent towards the end. That's cos we're hooked in by then and won't switch off.
watching the season finale of lost drove be batty on Wednesday. Vowed never to watch it live again :curse:

Prime is good and C4 for comedy.

As for radio...well I like National radio and KiwiFM. Used to like bFM but over that now.
Sometimes listen to talkback just to get a sense of how average new zealand is thinking.
I would hate to think that what I have heard on talkback radio is how the average Kiwi is thinking. Perhaps I don't know any average Kiwi's.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

only tv programmes i watch are home and away , neighbours and soon to be eastenders as soon as its caught up with where i was when we left uk.

adverts dont bother me as i have my sky so just forward through them all,thank god cos omg there are lots of advert breaks, but then i am happy as i always grudged paying a tv licence in the uk

i would say on a whole pretty much what you would have had in the uk if you had sky, lots of american shows , which we download so dont even use sky for this either lol lots of house building shows, gardening shows etc etc better kids cartoons on disney show i think tho, but would only matter if you have a young child

an example of adverts , in the uk home and away lasted 20 minutes here its on for 38 lol with about 4 or 5 breaks
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
We hardly ever watch tv - because of the adverts - but that's not to say we don't watch whatever we want to Other people who've been back recently may be able to back me up on this but when I was in Ireland last year the shows were exactly the same as we have here - they're all hooked on reality and 'talent' shows.

Does anyone have a theory on why 'bad news' stories are so popular now? e.g. I just don't get that. Why, if you were feeling perfectly happy, would you sit down to watch something that makes you depressed????
i agree i would say all same as the uk now, i forgot about the endless reality shows omg i hated them esp when bb was on you couldnt buy a mag without it being filled cover to cover of who done what in bb

i tend to not watch anything live just the same as i did back in the uk , esp when neighbours moved to channel 5 and incame an advert break omg lol much easier to record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.