The NZ Chunnel???

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The NZ Chunnel???

ah coz it's got bells on ?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:23 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

OK I fell for it...

but please miss can I be excused as I'm still in the UK and it isn't April the 1st yet
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:33 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
I'm intrigued, there actually is a list of the top 12 short ferry crossings in the world

And where are the other 11? The Woolwich ferry just keeps popping into my head...
I'm afraid that got me thinking (I've had a somewhat quiet day).....
So I'm starting a list:-
1) Ferry 'cross the Mersey - although ruined by have the song playing all through the journey.
2) The now defunct ferry from the Kyle of Lochalsh to Kyleakin (Isle of Skye).
3) From Holyhead to the Isle of Man.
4) Auckland CBD to Devonport

Struggling now, so I will hand over to others to see if you can help.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:39 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

5) the Torpoint?
6)......errrrr The Styx?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:46 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Just about any of the Sydney Ferries could be up there.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:54 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

East to West ferries or is that west to east ??? (Wellington harbour crossing)

Star Ferry in Hong Kong has to be one of the better ones
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of lots other than those already mentioned, theres plenty that go over the Irish sea and heaps more over the North sea to Scandinavia and Holland, not so sure manyof them would make a top 12

Portsmouth to Isle of Wight
Dover to Calais
Swansea to Cork
Folkestone to Boulogne
Holyhead to Dublin
Stranraer to Belfast
New Haven to Dieppe
Newcastle to Amsterdam
Portsmouth to Bilbao
AKL to Waiheke
Gulf Harbour to Auckland
Birkenhead to Auckland
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Star Ferry in Hong Kong has to be one of the better ones
Blurry hell . I nearly lost me left foot vaulting off that one. It doesn't hang about. Not me foot . The ferry.

1] Lymington - Isle of Wight ferry

2] Sandbanks - Shell Bay
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:01 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Can I nominate the Sausalito to San Francisco Golden Gate Ferry service?

Sausalito side

View of the Golden Gate Bridge on the way to the City

Golden Gate Ferry departing the City
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=happynz;6140829]Can I nominate the Sausalito to San Francisco Golden Gate Ferry service?

Happynz we were there a few years ago and couldn't agree more. Also loved the trip across to Alcatraz and back at sunset. Oh the memories are making me nostalgic,I wanna go back!!