Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Not Emigrating...it's A Definite No!!!!

Not Emigrating...it's A Definite No!!!!

Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:06 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Not Emigrating...it's A Definite No!!!!

Hi All

Just thought i'd let you know that OH has said he definitely doesn't want to emigrate and basically i've got no more say in the matter as he's made his mind up.

I've tried to offer many different solutions to selling up and moving lock stock and barrel out there, but everything i've said he's said no to...basically he doesn't want to move...full stop!!!

SO MY DREAM IS OVER.....but i wish you all the very best of luck in all you do and will be thinking of you all living the dream!!!

thank you all for the kind words and support you have given me in my various threads i've posted, it's really help knowing you've been there for me.

take care, merry christmas and all the very best for 2007
Mandie
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not Emigrating...it's A Definite No!!!!

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Hi All

Just thought i'd let you know that OH has said he definitely doesn't want to emigrate and basically i've got no more say in the matter as he's made his mind up.

I've tried to offer many different solutions to selling up and moving lock stock and barrel out there, but everything i've said he's said no to...basically he doesn't want to move...full stop!!!

SO MY DREAM IS OVER.....but i wish you all the very best of luck in all you do and will be thinking of you all living the dream!!!

thank you all for the kind words and support you have given me in my various threads i've posted, it's really help knowing you've been there for me.

Mandie
Hi Mandie,
Really sorry to hear your news, I know how it feels because it happened to me too in a slightly different way. All I can say is don't give up hope. I worked on it in a very quiet way, you know, a remark here and an idea there. Eventually my wife came round to the idea and three years later here we are!
You need to make him realise that life's too short not to a least try things out. Give him an escape route. Ours is that we will give it two years and if we don't feel it's worked how we want it to then we'll come back. Life is about experiencing things and it's something I always wanted to try. I think my wife finally realised how important it was to me and also to the fact that maybe she wanted to try it too.
Keep in touch with us all and let us know how things are progressing.
Happy Christmas!
Mark
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Mandie,
Really sorry to hear your news, I know how it feels because it happened to me too in a slightly different way. All I can say is don't give up hope. I worked on it in a very quiet way, you know, a remark here and an idea there. Eventually my wife came round to the idea and three years later here we are!
You need to make him realise that life's too short not to a least try things out. Give him an escape route. Ours is that we will give it two years and if we don't feel it's worked how we want it to then we'll come back. Life is about experiencing things and it's something I always wanted to try. I think my wife finally realised how important it was to me and also to the fact that maybe she wanted to try it too.
Keep in touch with us all and let us know how things are progressing.
Happy Christmas!
Mark
Hi Mark
Thank you for your kind words, i have tried my hardest to get him to realise that it doesn't have to be for good and gave him many escape routes, but to no avail and he just wouldn't budge.

I know one day though i'll have to get the 'bug' out of my system and maybe once the children have flown the nest i'll leave the miserable git at home and go on my own!!!

take care and have a fab christmas in Tauranga...i loved it there!!!
lucky you!!!
Mandie
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Hi Mark
Thank you for your kind words, i have tried my hardest to get him to realise that it doesn't have to be for good and gave him many escape routes, but to no avail and he just wouldn't budge.

I know one day though i'll have to get the 'bug' out of my system and maybe once the children have flown the nest i'll leave the miserable git at home and go on my own!!!

take care and have a fab christmas in Tauranga...i loved it there!!!
lucky you!!!
Mandie
Hi Mandie,
Has he said specifically why he won't try it? Is it his job or family?
Believe me, I would never have thought 3 years ago we would be here!
Mark
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news Mandie, but in one of your last posts you said he would love to go to Sweden again, and it made me think, maybe its the distance he is scared of?
It was just a thought.
All the best anyway, have a very nice Xmas and New Year. Who knows, with the pressure off, he may just change his mind again next year???
Men eh?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Mandie,
Has he said specifically why he won't try it? Is it his job or family?
Believe me, I would never have thought 3 years ago we would be here!
Mark
Yeah, he's scared about the logistics of the move, leaving his parents 83 & 78, he's set in his ways, got good paid job at moment, he feels settled and safe in his life at the moment and doesn't feel he needs to move. I feel life's too short and i'd rather give it a go and come back once my children have finished school than not going at all and regretting it when i'm older. He's made his mind up now and it would take a miracle for him to change his mind so i won't hold my breath.
take care Mandie
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

PS Mine is currently working with a team of Ozzies, he is enjoying it soooooooo much he now says he may cancel Malta and go straight to OZ!!
Now I dont mind in the slightest tbh, but shows what men are like eh?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gosh you are up late! :scared:
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Mandie

So sorry Mandie, But life is full of suprises - things can change.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boopy
So sorry Mandie, But life is full of suprises - things can change.
Hi Mandie, sorry to read of your sadness..
Think on the positive side dear..Being a Hampshire Hog isn't all that bad, particularly if as you say your Husband has a good well paid job..and of course as you say there is your in-laws age'',,We have similar considerations regarding distance,,it's not as if you are only a couple of hours flight away for family emergency which considering their age is significant. Unless you are rolling in it, travelling expense can also make a serious dent in your finances and state of mind.
The Grass is always Greener etc,...My Husband kept flying back and forth from Indonesia due to his Mum's medical condition,,it was a traumatic experience all round...Cheer yourself up,,Stroll around ASDA or Tesco's or ? and look at all of the 2 4 1 deals, look at TravelZoo where you can get round trip "All inclusive holiday's" in a tropical paradise for £469.00 quid X 2 weeks from the UK..Smell the Roses, they may be right outside your own front door..
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Rascal
Sorry to hear your news Mandie, but in one of your last posts you said he would love to go to Sweden again, and it made me think, maybe its the distance he is scared of?
It was just a thought.
All the best anyway, have a very nice Xmas and New Year. Who knows, with the pressure off, he may just change his mind again next year???
Men eh?
Yes you're right...the distance is a big factor...suppose that's why there's still only 4million in NZ if it was any nearer then they'd be just as overcrowded as the uk...well maybe not so much as uk seem to let anybody in.

thanks you all for support, it's much appreciated
Mandie x
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry Mandie. Things can always change, but in the meantime, count your blessings.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm so sorry Mandie. Things can always change, but in the meantime, count your blessings.
This must sound really pathetic but...what blessings!!! I know i've got lots to feel thankful for job, nice house, health...but i've looked forward to this for two years now and to have it ripped out from beneath me, i think it will be a while before i will count my blessings!

Saying that though in the past i've been a great believer in things happen for a reason, but at the moment can't think of a positive reason why this has happened, can only think negatively about the situation.

thank you Maz for your support
Mandie
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:56 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandie

Really sorry to hear your news.

You never know what the future holds and I am sure when the time is right you will be where you want to be - fingers crossed NZ

G & A x
Old Dec 16th 2006, 5:35 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Mandie 3 years ago I/we went throught the same thing.

Here we are 3 years down the line and its on again (maybe ).

Things DO happen for a reason. These reasons are not known at the time but Im sure they will reveal themselves in good time.

Keep the dream alive (stay on here ) and one day...........

Gotta go.... works do But Im paying for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.