Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

North Shore here we come

North Shore here we come

Old May 17th 2006, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Talking North Shore here we come

Hi there

The good news is I've got a job offer, sold our house in the UK and my visa etc is being fast-tracked - all being well we should be in NZ by the end of July. For the first three months I'll be working in Auckland CBD before heading off to North Shore.

There are five us - myself and the better half and three kids (15, 10 and 4). I wondered if anyone had advice on good areas to rent in Auckland itself. Location to the beach and easy access to the CBD would be most important. Not too fussy though as it's only short-term. When my job moves to North Shore I'll be based in Albany. Although we are waiting to see how things pan out we'll be looking to buy a house then. Ideally I'd like to live close to the beach (who wouldn't), live within 40 mins commute of Albany and be based in a good school zone. I'm open on new and older style houses but want to live in a good family area. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved........
Old May 17th 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: North Shore here we come

[QUOTE=waynepfry]Hi there

Wayne

I lived on the North Shore and settled in a rental home in Devonport, good sized weatherboard house with double garage, it was a large section for the rent we were paying and easy commute to Auckland CBD. I used my mountain bike most mornings to ride the 15 minute journey to Devonport Warf to catch the ferry over to Auckland harbour a 10 minute crossing Fullers Ferries and they don't even charge you for you cycle on the ferry. A quick coffee on the ferry and a riviting read of the Newzealand Herald to start my morning off rather than getting stuck in the queue over the Auckland harbour bridge in rush hour, and it kind of set you up in the morning for the day gave me chance to wake up come to think of it without the stress. We paid around $475 a week for our Rental and not sure now what the going rate is around Devonport, Belmont, Takapuna, Milford. But those are the areas we started to look at and are decent school areas also, Takapuna has a good Grammar School which my kids went too and Belmont Primary School. You will have to PM me if you need more info.

Cheers
Mick
Old May 25th 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: North Shore here we come

Try Lorraine Wood at Devonport Realty (www.devonportrealty.co.nz),
Carole Malone [[email protected]] or Shannon Corbett [[email protected]]

I'm renting in Devonport ay $650pw ... a great property in Stanley Bay with views of the water and 10 mins walk from Stanley Bay Ferry which runs to the CBD at peak commuter times.

If you want a cheap car rental for the first few weeks your here before you buy from Albany Toyota ... try Andrew Mullins [email protected] tel 09 441 2022.