Reload this Page >

NOISE POLLUTION – WEEKEND NIGHTMARE

NOISE POLLUTION – WEEKEND NIGHTMARE

Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NOISE POLLUTION – WEEKEND NIGHTMARE

Originally Posted by Campbells

Anyone know of this course of action being taken ? A hoon having their car confiscated ?
Actually yes. An apprentice my husband knows had his car confiscated following the latest of his hooning incidents which lead to yet another fine.

His parents 'bought ' the car back for him.

He now has a 4 wheel drive and hoons off-road.

He seems to have calmed down a lot since having a steady girlfriend and a new baby.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:19 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Actually yes. An apprentice my husband knows had his car confiscated following the latest of his hooning incidents which lead to yet another fine.

His parents 'bought ' the car back for him.

He now has a 4 wheel drive and hoons off-road.

He seems to have calmed down a lot since having a steady girlfriend and a new baby.
That's a relief, Bevs! I mean about him calming down, not about him going hooning off-road instead now.

There was a pretty major sting in the Hutt Valley a few weeks back. Few hundred arrested, but only I think 7 cars impounded? Can't remember clearly, going from memory, but I did inwardly applaud this.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:47 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Here we are in beautiful New Zealand on a Saturday night 23.45 and the thudding starts as usual, we stay in a good area and have spoken to the neighbours and many folk have complained about theses louts with zero respect. As per many other issues - nothig gets done.

Of course the thudding music is drowned by the hoons screaming up the roads

Heard that in Milford (an upmarket area of Auckland) people are moving out their million $ homes because of the youth on the rampage on the weekends, smashing cars, bottles and racing up & down with their portable discos.

I’m sure I will get some advice from the BE memners to start a campaign on this one also

Lets face it, there is nothing stopping these louts from doing as they please and the will probably be sleeping till noon tomorrow.

Tried phoning the noise control centre and they ask if I have gone and spoken to them, is there any violence? How many people are in the house?

Many times we go to the beach it ends up with the louts arriving with their drainpipe exhausts and screeching tyres.

How come if New Zealand is such a beautiful place and so clean green that this type of behaviour seems to be acceptable?

Personally I see these things as part of the real reasons that people are bailing outta here & over to Oz, as things just seem out of control here.
I can totally sympathize with you. The party that started yesterday lunch time is still going on now. The thudding of the bass on their stereo is doing my head in. I am a shift worker and was getting up at 3.30am and this racket was still going on as i must have drifted off to sleep after 12.30am with earplugs and a pillow over my head to the shouts of a Haka being done...Tomorrow i am up at 3.00am and i think if i dont sleep tonight i will be on a murder charge after going over there and doing someone in after smashing up their stereo :curse: This is not the first time they have had an all weekend party but at least last time i was on lates so had abit of a lay in. They are now singing christmas songs God knows what their immediate neighbours think of all this racket.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:30 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mod,

Where do you stay ?

Maybe I just have high standards of expectations, considering that NZ housing prices are one of the highest ( rated 3rd ) in the world and that taxes are very high I would expect that problems that really do exist would be sorted.

A kind of value for money outllook I would say rather than too high expectations.

Mind you if you consider leaky homes, that also may not be a problem that you have experinced but certainly exists in New Zealand and most folk would see that as a basic expectation.

So whilst New Zealand in your eyes is "sweet as " there are folk experincing real problems here.

It seems a common response when people point out / raise a discussion / topic of problems in NZ to say, well where I stay we don't have that problem.

If people did come to New Zealand expecting it to be the land of milk & honey, I wonder what would give that false impression

Have a nice peaceful Sunday
Hey Campbells,
I lived in Hamilton and now live in Whitby.
Having lived next door to people who caused us immense stress with their noise in Elgin, Scotland, I fully appreciate how upsetting it can be. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here, just that I haven't experienced it here.
As for it being a common response to say "I don't have that problem': well, it's the truth - why would I say different?
But you have had some really good replies to your initial post so hopefully something in there will have been useful to you.
Have a nice day yourself and hopefully a peaceful evening too.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:34 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Really feel for anyone with noisy neighbours- we had some for 2 months in the UK and they drove me to distraction :curse:

No problems here, thank goodness but I hear about it in the press.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

i have read some of the posts in this thread when my neighbour went through a phase of all night partys etc where we didint get to sleep till 4am sometimes, i got my own back by the following, every morning after a party i would set the hoover off washing machine dryer stereo, and let the kids play wally with the football off her walls ( on the outside of the house) all at around 6.30 am. and then block there cars in on there drive with mine and bugger off out for a bit so they couldnt get out, pay back is great and if youve got kids that like to make a right old racket then let them do so. the oust come is that then the neighbours are knackered from partying not being able to sleep so they have to come and ask you stop it,

worked for me, oh and if they really dont get the point, then maybe try if you cant beat them join em attitude, how cool are they gonna look in front of there mates if they keep getting all the neighbours turning up to their parties? theyll move on. hopefully

gina
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:06 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karonious
Hey Campbells,
I lived in Hamilton and now live in Whitby.
Having lived next door to people who caused us immense stress with their noise in Elgin, Scotland, I fully appreciate how upsetting it can be. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here, just that I haven't experienced it here.
As for it being a common response to say "I don't have that problem': well, it's the truth - why would I say different?
But you have had some really good replies to your initial post so hopefully something in there will have been useful to you.
Have a nice day yourself and hopefully a peaceful evening too.
Must admit that in the month we spent in Scotland earlier this year I didn't experience thud thud noise and not from any of the cars.

Mind you they didn't get as close as they do here

So as a matter of interest / comparison how did you remedy your rowdy Scots neighbours? Was it traditional Scottish music or gansta rapp?

How did you end up in Scotland, thought you are a Kiwi? How long did you stay there?

I must confess I love the highlands and all the wee toons. Probably upset a few folk (best not ruin my reputation ) but I really think Scotland is more beautiful than New Zealand. I think it has a lot to do with the history that is all around. Maybe another topic.

Cheers anyway
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:12 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit that in the month we spent in Scotland earlier this year I didn't experience thud thud noise and not from any of the cars.

Mind you they didn't get as close as they do here

So as a matter of interest / comparison how did you remedy your rowdy Scots neighbours? Was it traditional Scottish music or gansta rapp?

How did you end up in Scotland, thought you are a Kiwi? How long did you stay there?

I must confess I love the highlands and all the wee toons. Probably upset a few folk (best not ruin my reputation ) but I really think Scotland is more beautiful than New Zealand. I think it has a lot to do with the history that is all around. Maybe another topic.

Cheers anyway
Im a SCOT, that's how I ended up there!! Lived a long time in the Spey Valley
We lived in RAF quarters at the time and they eventually sorted it out
We lived all over the UK and did 2 tours at Peterhead. Have to say, Wellington is no problem after living in the Bloo Toon
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Im a SCOT, that's how I ended up there!!
In fact Karen aren't you english cos you were born there - he he
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:24 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Woodlea
In fact Karen aren't you english cos you were born there - he he
Oh yeah....
To make it clearer.... I was born in England but lived most of my life in Scotland. I have a Scots accent don't I?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:27 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Im a SCOT, that's how I ended up there!! Lived a long time in the Spey Valley
We lived in RAF quarters at the time and they eventually sorted it out
We lived all over the UK and did 2 tours at Peterhead. Have to say, Wellington is no problem after living in the Bloo Toon
Ahh, the Spey the source of water for most of the distillieries

Got up to Stonehaven in Jan, awesome fish n chips

How long you been in NZ ?

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:29 am
Banned

Oh yeah....
To make it clearer.... I was born in England but lived most of my life in Scotland. I have a Scots accent don't I?

Nae nae lassie,

Your born South of the wall
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:30 am
conquering the world!

Ahh, the Spey the source of water for most of the distillieries

Got up to Stonehaven in Jan, awesome fish n chips

How long you been in NZ ?

Cheers
I come from the village that makes Glen Grant and Glenfiddich is made 9 miles away, Macallan and and Knockando, just up the road.
Been here 18 months
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah....
Aye ye dee quine - bit ye hive tae be born in Scotland tae be Scots divnt ye ken.....
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:35 am
Banned

I come from the village that makes Glen Grant and Glenfiddich is made 9 miles away, Macallan and and Knockando, just up the road.
Been here 18 months
You see

A true Scot would say

Just doon the road

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.