No return ticket.

Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:45 am
Just Joined

ALincoln is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No return ticket.

Hi everyone,

I'm Adam

I am new to writing in forums and so you may see messages everywhere from me,,, i appologise in advance.

I have read alot of threads/forums from British Expat and gained alot of information it's all good stuff!

Me and my partner ( Sam) have been here in NZ for 2 months now travelling around and have a 23 month working holiday visa. Our intentions were to use this while i was (at the time) able to apply for it and then hopefully gain a more permanent visa.
We have left our jobs behind at British Gas and Sam was self employed hairdresser -so left alot of clients.
We were after a better work/life balance with less poppulation surrounding us and hopefully settle to start a family.
We will be searching for work very soon and looks quite difficult to get the Licences as i am a Gas engineer. My girlfriend on the other hand as a hairdresser has seen many jobs advertised for her.
We have spent lots of time in Kaikoura as i have a friend that lives there and done every activtty possible and thats what sold NZ to me. We would be looking at living where the work is, so possibly Queenstown or Wellington/Auckland.
Fingers crossed for when we start looking or could be early return!?....Hope not!

Last edited by ALincoln; Feb 19th 2011 at 3:02 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:22 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No return ticket.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:54 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALincoln
Hi everyone,

I'm Adam

I am new to writing in forums and so you may see messages everywhere from me,,, i appologise in advance.

I have read alot of threads/forums from British Expat and gained alot of information it's all good stuff!

Me and my partner ( Sam) have been here in NZ for 2 months now travelling around and have a 23 month working holiday visa. Our intentions were to use this while i was (at the time) able to apply for it and then hopefully gain a more permanent visa.
We have left our jobs behind at British Gas and Sam was self employed hairdresser -so left alot of clients.
We were after a better work/life balance with less poppulation surrounding us and hopefully settle to start a family.
We will be searching for work very soon and looks quite difficult to get the Licences as i am a Gas engineer. My girlfriend on the other hand as a hairdresser has seen many jobs advertised for her.
We have spent lots of time in Kaikoura as i have a friend that lives there and done every activtty possible and thats what sold NZ to me. We would be looking at living where the work is, so possibly Queenstown or Wellington/Auckland.
Fingers crossed for when we start looking or could be early return!?....Hope not!
Hi Adam & Sam...Welcome to BE glad you've found us and found some useful info. Good luck with your job hunting, keep us posted!
B
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

zabeea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm Adam

Hi Adam,

Welcome to NZ. You might consider work in the New Plymouth area too, as that is where a lot of our gas and oil industry is based. Good luck.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you both
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

shellnscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm Adam

Hi adam,

me and my partner moved to tauranga about 18months ago he is a main layer in the gas industry and we have found ourselves moving more inland to hamilton this is an evergrowing place so im sure you would find something around the waikato.

he applied for a few jobs before coming out to new zealand but nothing came of it, was only after visiting the office in tauranga that he got lucky with his job. try vector see if they have anything i know they are always in need of new faces it just depends what end of the scale you are on. but im sure that working for Bg you should get lucky. also there will be heaps of work out there for your other half. let us know how you get on

Rochelle &scott
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to welcome you to BE & NZ. Good luck with all your plans