Next?

Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by Kiwi-Irish
The clothing in NZ is grim in my opinion - its an extravaganza of nasty nylon and synthetic fabrics. Theyre overpriced despite being poor fabrics. They're itchy and sweaty. You dont' notice it when you grow up there obviously, but after you've been away - my god, you 'so' do. I think the only option is going over to Sydney and stocking up there, but a nuisance if you end up wanting to return something

Saying that, by-and-large NZ women don't care about dress-sense (I know thats a huge generalisation but what I think is true). Myself or my friends never bothered with dressing up much when we were there. Not majorly anyway, not like the UK
Yeah, Kiwi's think Crimpelene is a fashion statement
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, you're so right there, whats the deal with that - yuk!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

And an obession with flanalette pyjamas as soon as the weather gets cold

Esprit is a saviour, the only proper international high street clothes chain really here

From a guys point of view Barkers do nice stuff but its expensive, Hallensteins stuff looks a bit cheap but can be fine for some stuff, Witchery Men do some nice clothes but is expensive like Barkers.

I miss Gap, H&M and French Connection...and M&S for work gear and socks and undies!

Summer is fine though as tshirts, jandals and shorts are in plenty supply from all of the surfy shops here
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Esprit is a saviour, the only proper international high street clothes chain really here
No.

They aren't not rubbish, but not good quality, either + inappropriately expensive in NZ. Just not worth. (IMO)

have never bought any clothes there .. even their XS are too big for me anyway...

their clothing/style doesn't fit me well strangly... why?? they aren't pretty enough for me? ...

I have no idea about NEXT in NZ..........not available here ...

Good to be in the States... pretty awsome "NEXT" online store there - I love their kitchen Accessories, rubbish American foods and coffee............

We just live here... without ASDA, NEXT, IKEA and M&S etc.

It's not easy, but you can survive without them. There are some good European shops for clothing here tho.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 12th 2009 at 6:33 am.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

antony-ryan has a brilliant futureantony-ryan has a brilliant futureantony-ryan has a brilliant futureantony-ryan has a brilliant futureantony-ryan has a brilliant futureantony-ryan has a brilliant future

Country Road is as good, if not better than next for clothes. It can be pricey but they sell good quality plain clothing and they often have sales and specials for CR card holders.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hi just thought i'd tell ya us poms in New Plymouth have already been done that road and in not so many words "they ain't interested"

The clothing in NZ is grim in my opinion - its an extravaganza of nasty nylon and synthetic fabrics. Theyre overpriced despite being poor fabrics. They're itchy and sweaty. You dont' notice it when you grow up there obviously, but after you've been away - my god, you 'so' do. I think the only option is going over to Sydney and stocking up there, but a nuisance if you end up wanting to return something

Saying that, by-and-large NZ women don't care about dress-sense (I know thats a huge generalisation but what I think is true). Myself or my friends never bothered with dressing up much when we were there. Not majorly anyway, not like the UK

Also, I penned a letter to the CEO at the head office of Next today, after reading this post - to try and encourage them to open up a store(s) there. Lets see if there's any reply
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antony-ryan
Country Road is as good, if not better than next for clothes. It can be pricey but they sell good quality plain clothing and they often have sales and specials for CR card holders.
There is a vast difference, pants and skirts in Next don't cost $200.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold

Yes, this is it - Country Road is probably fairly good quality but look what you have to pay for it. Remember $200 dollars in NZ is harder to earn by comparison to the equivalent in pounds here (if that makes sense ) - money just doesn't go nearly as far.

Speaking of flannelette, we grew up with flannelette sheets on our beds, and they actually were lovely ... I don't mind sleeping with it, but wearing it is quite a different matter I would think. So toasty for sheets ... do people still do it in NZ? not seen them here - thats not to say they're not around however.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone knows this, but..... some of the Millers clothes shops have a kids department.... these are NEXT clothes branded with Millers Kids labels... but not all the shops sell the kids clothes so you need to ring your local branch and find out if they do...sadly the ones nearest us don't sell the kids clothes.

http://www.millers.net.au/

Failing that Pumpkin Patch is pretty good... specially if you have an Outlet Store near you, which we do!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dear All,

I myself wrote to next just this week, this is the reply I got within 48 hours:

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding a next franchise in New Zealand. We are always looking for the right franchise partner to take our brand to new territories and are ideally looking for established companies with fashion retailing experience.

We would give priority to a company that currently already hold the franchise rights in other brands.

We are assuming that you are looking for more of a managerial role within a store rather than that of an investor?

If this is not the case and you would like to submit a business proposal for a franchise store, we will give this every consideration.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Next.

Yours sincerely,
Julie Price

Julie Price (Franchise Department)
Next Retail Ltd, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4AT
Tel: +44 116 284 4144 Fax: +44 116 284 2542
E-mail Address: [email protected]

Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

NEXT Plc
-----------------------------------------
Tel: + 44 (0)845-456-7777
Fax: + 44 (0)116-284 8998
-----------------------------------------
http://www.next.co.uk
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps, someone knows of somebody who could be interested in opening perhaps three Next super stores in NZ, Auck, Welly & CHCH. I expect you would need three large stores so you could bulk buy at a reduced cost, worth thinking about nif you could sell on at reasonable prices.

Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can be bothered you can actually get some pretty good deals from the US.

Places like Gap, Banana Republic, Dr Jays etc either ship direct or you can arrange them to ship to an intermediary that sends them on using discount shipping rates (I shop USA or something like that)

Usually at the end of their seasons they sell the stuff at ridiculous prices - buy in bulk and it doesn't cost much.

In fact we used to do this in the UK for kids clothes, great when the £ was worth $2.

I actually didn't think the UK was any good for kids clothes, the US, France, germany, Italy are all so much better.

As for flannelette, I don't wear it but thought it was quite popular, Peter Alexander winter pyjamas are all flannelette and they are a pretty trendy brand.

Country Road are definitely a level above Next, the quality of their suits and shirts is similar to Boss, but they are also much more expensive, a few mix and match outfits will set you back $1000+ - Banana Republic is probably their closest store to compare to in the UK.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Perhaps, someone knows of somebody who could be interested in opening perhaps three Next super stores in NZ, Auck, Welly & CHCH. I expect you would need three large stores so you could bulk buy at a reduced cost, worth thinking about nif you could sell on at reasonable prices.

Makes sense for them to have a Southern hemisphere operation as previous seasons unsold UK stock could be dumped on NZ or Aus. They have a shops in Hong Kong and Japan now so getting nearer.

Also Im assuming Next stuff is made in the Far East so could easily be shipped down to NZ or Aus.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Makes sense for them to have a Southern hemisphere operation as previous seasons unsold UK stock could be dumped on NZ or Aus. They have a shops in Hong Kong and Japan now so getting nearer.

Also Im assuming Next stuff is made in the Far East so could easily be shipped down to NZ or Aus.
I think if big internationals like Gap and H&M have failed to make their way down here then there is little chance of getting Next here, which is fine by me as Next guys stuff is pretty awful!!

Thought there would be more chance of getting French Connection over here as they are already in Australia

Anyway, Ikea is the important one we should all be harrasing...
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
They do have several Southern Hemisphere stores - in Indonesia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.