NewZealand

Old Jan 12th 2002, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEWZEALAND - HOW TO APPLY

Could anyone please shed light on the following -

If you apply for residence but are short of the 25 point pass mark you can apply for a work visa to give you the extra 5 points to qualify for residence. If you know you are short opf the pass mark do you simply apply for a work visa and then when you have a offer of employment apply for residence or do you apply for residence get told to apply for a work visa and then do it, can not work it out from the NZ website.

Anybody got any ideas how long processing takes we have all the info needed at hand apart from the medicals which we would need to take.

We have an application in for residence in OZ put in 14 months ago I am losing faith it will ever come through as they have enough people going through Adelaide so why worry about London. We are thinking about giving NZ a shot but if we did this would it cause problems for the processing of our Aussie residenc - if and when.

Many Thanks

Steve
Old Jan 12th 2002, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

tasmanet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A safe haven

Steve

Have a look at this page.

You might have enough money to qualify

http://home.iprimus.com.au/akm/

Steve

Old Jan 12th 2002, 8:21 pm
Almey

'Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning instead. I had the same problem,\nie. my qualifications had some IT modules but not enough and so it wasn\'t\n recognised by the ACS. I met with the people at the ACS and they told me RPL\n was the way to go. I am an Oracle DBA with 14 years experience. My degree was\n in Electronic Imaging.\n\n--\n'

Old Jan 13th 2002, 12:29 am
Pollodiablo

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You have to apply for a permanent visa, including all the documents and tests needed.
You will then be told "you don't have enough points, would you like a temporary
workvisa instead? If you do please complete this form and include (lots of things
e.g. some evidence of tickets/funds etc)."

From the moment we lodged the application (June) to the moment we had the temp. visa
took about 4 months (October) . We arrived just after Christmas, I found a job in
March and immediately sent the job offer letter to NZIS. It then took another 3
months (end of June) for the permanent visa to be issued (they were JUST in time
before the temp. visa expired...).

A short history of what we went through and what happened to us during the whole
migration thing can be found at http://www.zovenaar.f2s.com/kiwi.php II also host the
Immigration FAQ there although I don't have the time to update it anymore (perhaps
soon... I can't promise though).

PolloDiablo

Old Jan 13th 2002, 5:19 am
Jaj

Steve Did you send your medicals etc to London in advance? I ask the question because
if so and everything else is in order the first you hear from them will be
notification you've got a visa (or not).

Some other non-IT applications have been coming through after 13/14 months in London
recently, so it might not do any harm to give them a ring, especially if you haven't
pestered them before.

Nothing stopping you from applying to NZ (as far as Australia is concerned) as well
if it makes you feel better. If you did get an NZ visa, and then an Australian visa
came through you could always validate it with a trip to Australia (and therefore
have a valid PR for a few years) if you decided to give NZ a go.

If you do get a temporary work visa for NZ, you might be well advised to leave your
family in the UK initially and only sell up etc when you actually find a job out
there and get PR. Reduces the risk if things go wrong and you don't get a job in NZ,
which is often not easy to do straight away.

Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >