Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

newfoundland dog to new zealand

newfoundland dog to new zealand

Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:35 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi our dog came via LA out to Auckland. When he arrived he was none the worse for wear. A wee bit thinner than usual, but heh thats a good thing. Dont know what happens at LA, all I do know is when we let him out the crate he wasnt that bothered about the Loo.

You are allowed to put in the crate a blanket for him, but no toys it also comes with a filled water container and the hold where they keep the livestock is the same temp as the cabin. They also keep the lights off so the animals can relax and sleep.

When you go to pick up up you will need about $100NZ for MAF etc.

We were worried sick about taking our dog but if you had seen him arrive you would never of guessed he had been travelling for hours.

Every day we have him on the beach and in the sea and he is having a brill time.

As for quarantine, no quarantine in NZ just OZ.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:13 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Quarantine in Australia is minimum 30 days ... If dog is OK after 30 days they release him (after you pay the bill) but I guess if he/she shows any signs of illness they make keep them longer...

Hope this helps
Old Jul 25th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Quarantine in Australia is minimum 30 days ... If dog is OK after 30 days they release him (after you pay the bill) but I guess if he/she shows any signs of illness they make keep them longer...

Hope this helps
Thanx
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by heatherandpaul
hi Debs
you mentioned you have clipped your Newfies - did you do their front trouser legs and tail - never clipped Bertie before so unsure what parts to do. Don't like to see a dogs "dangly bits" - so will probably leave that area well alone - any advice gladly welcomed. Also does it take long to grow back again??
Thanks a lot - Heather
Hi Heather - depends on their coat we have 2 that have really thick horrible coats and 2 that have silky coats.

If yours ar of the silky variety i would do their chest feathers and underneaths as it keeps them cool

If they are of the very thick furred variety i would shave them completely!!! It takes about 3 months to start growing back and then you can just do what looks right for your dog

Hope this helps

regards

Debs

ps willy our dog even though fully sheared you cannot really notice his dangly bits - oh but he was castrated !!!!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: newfoundland dog to new zealand

Originally posted by cypry
Any ideas on length quarantine when the dog arrives in Oz?NZ?
30 days if from uk

regards

Debs