Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Newbie from Norwich

Newbie from Norwich

Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:35 am
Just Joined

LOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura about
Smile Newbie from Norwich

Hi my name is Wendy known as LOHDYNA on this forum. I am married and have 4 children, 2 off them are coming with us to NZ. We are currently compiling all our info to return our application for residence.
We are hoping to be out there Aug / Sept and will be moving to the Kapati coast.
I have been reading the forum for some while and have found some really useful information which has been of great help. I still have a few questions so will try and post those later.
We are getting really excited and can't wait to start our new life in NZ
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:56 am
Just Joined

YRSBoy is a jewel in the roughYRSBoy is a jewel in the roughYRSBoy is a jewel in the roughYRSBoy is a jewel in the roughYRSBoy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Newbie from Norwich

No doubt Kimi-Deacon will be along to say hello soon - she's a Good Old Norfolk Gal' (Dereham) - been there since September last year!

Good Luck!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Norfolk girl too although I've been here 10 years.
how lovely to move to the Kapiti Coast!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:43 am
Just Joined

MissSunshine has a brilliant futureMissSunshine has a brilliant futureMissSunshine has a brilliant futureMissSunshine has a brilliant futureMissSunshine has a brilliant futureMissSunshine has a brilliant future

Hi Wendy, Our family is also from Norwich, we have been here since 1 January 2009 - myself, partner and 2 children 9 and 12 - 2 other children stayed behind in England.

We live in South Auckland and must admit to finding it quite hard in settling in. The two children seem to have settled into their schools okay although the 12 year old hates to admit that she is enjoying anything - must be her age.

I must admit we are seriously considering returning to the UK. The setting up costs are huge and I think a lot of the time we sit here feeling that we have spent all this money and we are still not happy.

I hope your journey goes far smoother.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA
Hi my name is Wendy known as LOHDYNA on this forum. I am married and have 4 children, 2 off them are coming with us to NZ. We are currently compiling all our info to return our application for residence.
We are hoping to be out there Aug / Sept and will be moving to the Kapati coast.
I have been reading the forum for some while and have found some really useful information which has been of great help. I still have a few questions so will try and post those later.
We are getting really excited and can't wait to start our new life in NZ
Hi,
Good luck with your application. Any questions just ask everyone is really helpful on here.

Best of luck to you
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

MissusMo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy,

Good luck with the move. I have been in NZ for 6½ years now and I love it here!

Mo
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

LOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Newbie from Norwich

Thanks for all your welcome messages, most of you sound really happy and have made the right decision, why are you not so happy and what expensive setting up costs are you having
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Hi Wendy & family !!
Good to see you on the forum !!

Won't be long before you're booking those flights

Watch out for Kimi-Deacon !!
You know what those Dereham girls are like !! (love ya really, Steph !! LOL get that bottle of malibu out of the cupboard !! )

We're packing at the moment Wendy, the container comes on Thursday then we're camping out in the house for a month to give the container a 'head-start'.
I think the kids have been chatting on MSN today - it all helps them to prepare knowing others are going through the same thing !

Speak soon,
Vicky
xx
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Vikki
Yes I heard that the kids are catching up with each other, let me know how the packing goes, it will strange with all your stuff on it's way, have you booked the flights yet.
I must finish up all the things i've started before we go, like the bottle of wine, whiskey, vodka, gin, brandy. I won't give a damn by then.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Well Hello from the notorious Kimi D lol, welcome to British ex pats. Have a few mates that live on the Kapiti Coast, we live in Newlands quite close to Welly Centre, Kapiti is a bit to quiet for my taste but friends that live there like it. If you like a bit of life then look no further than Porrirua, im sure the head of the Porrirua Possee will appear in a bit (SimonMarkEllis)

Steel blue no worries theres always a good supply of Malibu in my cupboard Cant wait for you guys to get here.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Oh and by the way YRS Boy and Steelblue, just remember you are both good ole Norfolk girls, even though YRS Boy hasnt lived there for years, you cant take the Norfolk out of the girl lol. By the way Vicky what is it exactly they say about us Dereham girls Poor ole Wellingtons gonna wonder whats hit it in August what with YRS Boy and now another Norfolk girl coming out at the same time.

Steph xxx

Watch out for my big Sis Liffy B she is also heading this way to live in Aug
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Wendy, I don't come here often any more - too busy in Hamilton to play on the computer. However we left Norwich last Feb and have never looked back. We met the lovely Kimi-Deacon (I know I owe you an e-mail!).

Good luck in your quest and PM me if I can help.

Alison