Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This New Zealand section

This New Zealand section

Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: This New Zealand section

I think the point Mandie is making is that she is trying to make her life better.

Mandie, I agree, we love NZ and no it's not perfect, we don't wear rose tinted glasses and we've only been here since January but things have been going really well for us. I think if you come here with realistic expectations you won't go far wrong.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:31 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
I think the point Mandie is making is that she is trying to make her life better.
Well I think we can all reach agreement on this one if we make a small change....

"I either try to make things better or put up with it or move to the other side of the planet"

Case closed
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:31 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Avid
Ummmmm....so shouldn't you stay where you are, then?
why should i stay where i am?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Well I think we can all reach agreement on this one if we make a small change....

"I either try to make things better or put up with it or move to the other side of the planet"

Case closed
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:38 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

mandie H said that she either makes things better or puts up with it.

But it seems, reading her post, that she is leaving the UK and coming to NZ.

So....I attempted to lightheartedly point out the possible contradiction...that she could just stay in the UK and put up with it.

This explanation has made my feeble joke even worse!!

Last edited by Avid; Apr 30th 2007 at 11:40 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:39 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

So....I attempted to lightheartedly point out the possible contradiction...that she could just stay in the UK and put up with it.

this explanation has made my feeble joke even worse!!
Oh Mr Avid, when will you ever learn
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tthis explanation has made my feeble joke even worse!!
Sorry, it's late....
Old May 1st 2007, 1:41 am

Yes but i feel that i'm gonna makes my life better by coming to nz. I'd rather go and it not be for me than stay in the uk putting up with what i don't like about living in the uk....i think that makes sense!!!

to put it simply 'i don't want any what if's'

my mum and dad had the chance of going to oz when i was younger but my dad pulled out of the move and now they (my mum especially) regrets not going.

you only live once and even if i don't like living there at least i'll be able to say i tried.
Old May 1st 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
d now they (my mum especially) regrets not going.

you only live once and even if i don't like living there at least i'll be able to say i tried.
exactly!! Fate favours the brave!
Old May 1st 2007, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I think the phrase you're looking for is:
"I'll get my coat"
Old May 1st 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lexylou
exactly!! Fate favours the brave!
I am a firm believer in fate.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I am a firm believer in fate.
me too!
Old May 1st 2007, 10:33 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by donnaf
Is he still in his corner??? C'mon Albie, where are you?????
Oh sorry, I was watching the telly.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:42 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
This is only my opinion.
take care
Killing me with kindness! I love that.

Hugs and kisses! xxx
Old May 1st 2007, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
Killing me with kindness! I love that.

Hugs and kisses! xxx
Not sure what this means but...straight back at ya!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.